Author Topic: Fix for missing Jetways with SU5 for Marketplace users  (Read 3355 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Fix for missing Jetways with SU5 for Marketplace users
« on: July 31, 2021, 11:35:12 am »
We have a temporary fix for missing Jetways at Vancouver after Sim Update 5, for MS Marketplace version users.

To install it, uncompress the attached file in the Community folder. The fix should work until MS will release the update we sent as soon SU5 came out. Please remember to remove it when the full update will come out.

Important, the fix is ONLY for MS Marketplace users.

scon

Re: Fix for missing Jetways with SU5 for Marketplace users
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2021, 12:45:11 am »
Hello

Has there been progress on the update being pushed through the Market Place? I bought this scenery yesterday via Marketplace and have encountered the missing jetway issue, however, as I’m on Xbox I’m unable to fix via the workaround.
It’s been nearly 3 months since SU5

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Fix for missing Jetways with SU5 for Marketplace users
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2021, 01:16:19 am »
Has there been progress on the update being pushed through the Market Place? I bought this scenery yesterday via Marketplace and have encountered the missing jetway issue, however, as I’m on Xbox I’m unable to fix via the workaround.

This update wasn't really needed, because it was really a bug of SU5. The update only lessened the problem with, with SU5, jetways still randomly disappeared depending on your starting position. With SU6, the bug was completely fixed, without requiring any update on our side.

However, all of this is on PC.

On Xbox, there's no way for us to test anything before release, we only got to know jetways still don't appear ( on Xbox ONLY ) after SU6 for Xbox came out and, since jetways worked fine with SU6 on PC (since the SU6 Beta), we had no reasons to believe there might be issues on Xbox because, according to Microsoft and Asobo, if something works on PC, it must work on Xbox too and if it's not, it's a bug.

So, as soon as SU6 for Xbox came out, and we have been made aware of the problem, we reported this to Asobo (sent a copy of the scenery to test), which is investigating it. They too confirmed if the jetways work on PC, they should work on Xbox with no changes required on our part.

So, we are waiting for an answer to know if:

- The SU5 jetway bug has been fixed in SU6, but not on Xbox, so they might give an idea when it will be fixed.

OR

- Jetways on Xbox should be made differently (the SDK doesn't say anything like that), and if this is the case, how, so we could do such update.