Author Topic: Vancouver V2 for MSFS released  (Read 19657 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Vancouver V2 for MSFS released
« on: October 16, 2020, 12:03:31 pm »
Fsdreamteam is happy to announce the release of Vancouver V2 for MSFS 2020.  This scenery has been converted to MSFS 2020, starting from the FSX version we released in 2013. However, is not a “straight” conversion, and there has been many changes, both due to the changing airport layout, but also to offer specific MSFS features when possible.

- The airport layout has been updated. A whole new section of the main Terminal ( Pier B, Gate 11-28 ) has been modeled, together with the new extension ( Pier A, gate 1-12 )

- Due to these changes, lots of parking names has been renamed, to reflect the current situation.

- All textures and materials has been improved and converted to PBR, with added normal map details and proper metallic/roughness maps.

- Dynamic Lighting has been remade entirely from scratch, using the native MSFS 2020 lighting system, with hundreds of individual light sources.

- The background photoreal image has been updated to reflect changes at Piers A and B of the Main Terminal.

- All Aprons materials has been remade using the native MSFS system.

- All 3d taxi-light fixtures have been remade using the native MSFS system.

- Runways have now their correct Slope profile.

- Jetways has been all remade according to the latest MSFS 2020 SDK.

The scenery cost only 9.9$, and if you are an existing user of the 2013 version for FSX, you can even get an extra discount on top of that! Instructions about the discount will be sent by email to all registered users. If you bought the 2013 version from Simmarket, the discount price will be shown in your account there.

The product has been sent to Microsoft for approval, so it will should be available on the MS Marketplace soon.

montreal

Re: Vancouver V2 for MSFS released
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 12:31:18 pm »
So if I understood correctly unless I also buy the extended download service I am not eligible for any future updates?

flyblueskies

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 12:38:22 pm »
The price is very good!

I purchased from PCAviator.com...will I also be able to get the discount?

DJJose

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 12:38:42 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Thank you!

Just got the email.

Jose
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 12:43:03 pm by DJJose »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 12:52:41 pm »
So if I understood correctly unless I also buy the extended download service I am not eligible for any future updates?

No, the scenery will be always kept updated by the FSDT Live Update, no matter how old your installer is.

But if you LOSE the original installer, the Extended Download service will let you download it again from Digital River for another 2 years after purchase. Without it the download link will expire in about 1 month.

We don't really suggest to buy the Extended download, just make a backup of the installer, perhaps using a Cloud service ( it's only 200MB ), to prevent the risk of hardware failures.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2020, 12:53:34 pm »
I purchased from PCAviator.com...will I also be able to get the discount?

Sorry, no. The discount is only available for FSDT or Simmarket users, it's just too complex to trace other retailers databases, which they don't always share. We think even with not discount, the price is quite attractive.

yvesamuel

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2020, 01:20:32 pm »
Any new version for P3D users? Or should we wait for the other one?

Yves

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2020, 01:24:05 pm »

We'll decide about it after the next P3D5 update.

scotth6

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2020, 01:45:30 pm »
I purchased CYVR directly from this website through esellerate, but have not received any email with "special instructions" to receive discounted version yet.  Received an email notification of this forum topic only.

Tinria

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2020, 01:47:54 pm »
Same for me, did not get the Email with further discount instructions, bought the Airport on 2nd June 2016 directly from the fsdt store  :-\

johnny_gitara

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2020, 01:57:37 pm »
Thank you Umberto and the team for this great airport, which i regularly utilize in P3Dv5, and also thank you for even greater upgrade price!
All the best from a long term customer :)
Stay safe

tajimak

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2020, 02:57:27 pm »
I purchased CYVR from alas! now-defunct FSPilotShop.com. I am wondering if I can get the discount too. I could forward the relevant email messages from them to you in order to verify my purchase.

Whisper

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2020, 03:03:47 pm »
And same for me, did not get the Email with further discount instructions, bought the Airport in 2013 directly from the fsdt store
Order Information
Order #: ST.......
Order Date: 1/5/2013
Order Method: Web Store
Grand Total: xxxxxx
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 08:49:27 pm by Whisper »

B777ER

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2020, 03:04:49 pm »

Yves

FSimStudios is working on YVR for P3D. Not all dev's have pinned their future on MSFS.
Eric

montreal

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2020, 03:11:27 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply and clarification.
Cheers

No, the scenery will be always kept updated by the FSDT Live Update, no matter how old your installer is.

But if you LOSE the original installer, the Extended Download service will let you download it again from Digital River for another 2 years after purchase. Without it the download link will expire in about 1 month.

We don't really suggest to buy the Extended download, just make a backup of the installer, perhaps using a Cloud service ( it's only 200MB ), to prevent the risk of hardware failures.[/i][/i]