Author Topic: FSDT Key West updated to version 1.1  (Read 14907 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
FSDT Key West updated to version 1.1
« on: September 30, 2020, 09:34:51 pm »
Hello to all,

we are pleased to announce an update to our Key West scenery for MSFS 2020, which features the following improvements:

• Ft. Jefferson at Dry Tortugas National Park added.
• Loggerhead Island with Lighthouse added.
• Added F/A-18 of the VF-106 Strike Fighter Squadron at Key West NAS.
• Added extra details to Key West NAS. Removed GA parking spots and replaced with Mil parking spots.
• Added vegetation and swamps around the Key West runway.
• Background aerial image better color matching to the surrounding scenery.
• Removed default Windsock.
• Added custom Landmarks POIs, a new feature allowed by MSFS 1.9.0.3 update.

The update can be obtained by running the FSDT Live Update, if you purchased from the FSDT website or from Simmarket.

We also sent the update to Microsoft for verification and release, so it will be available on the MS Marketplace soon.

Dillon

Re: FSDT Key West updated to version 1.1
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 10:03:01 pm »
I couldn't get the scenery updated.  I ended up downloading the latest installer and got it working.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 11:09:17 pm by Dillon »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 10:46:34 pm »
There is no FS2020 Live Update option for those of us that bought this scenery through this site.

You meant the opposite: the Live Update is precisely for those that bought the scenery through this site ( and Simmarket ), since both use our installer, which comes with the Live Update.

It sure isn't in the installer for the scenery.

What do you mean ? The installer will run the FSDT Live Update at the end so, regardless of the version you have, it will get the latest version.

Almost a week later and it's still not in the Microsoft store...

We don't run the Microsoft store and we don't have any control how much they take to check updates. We surely sent the update as soon as it was ready.

bobbysweatpants

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 12:31:00 am »
Am I the only one who can't update via the Marketplace?  It's been ten days since this dropped.  Can someone check on this please?

Thanks.

sttovo

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2020, 09:08:55 pm »
Me too. But it’s not FSDT’s fault. MS has to approve it apparently.

keino333

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 03:07:14 pm »
Good day FSDT admin,
Unfortunately, since after Sept 30, 2020 (ironic that the update for MSFS was around this time, and prior to this the scenery was work as it should), I have been unsuccessful in getting the buildings to show.  I want to attempt a fresh install.  Please confirm the instructions to uninstall the scenery. 

Presently I see the following:
Inside the "Addon Manager" folder, (completely separate from all sim platforms and houses both p3d and MSFS folders) there is an MSFS folder containing both KEYW and KORD.
Also, the exact same scenery folders are located in the MSFS Community Folder. (Yes, scenery folders in two locations)

For KEYW, do I just delete the "fsdreamteam-airport-keyw-keywest" in both locations and then reinstall?  (Perhaps after a registry cleaner as well)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2020, 09:38:33 pm »
As explained so many times, the problem doesn't have anything to do with our scenery. It's surely caused by another scenery you have installed.

Some users reported it fixed by removing the two freeware sceneries from Aquilasim ( Cape Canaveral and Hollywood hotel ), but that's one example we know of, there might be other cases we don't know yet, because since the scenery works perfectly in a clean install, we can only rely on reports from users having installed some other scenery and their reports. The only thing we know for sure, there are no conflicts with LatinVFR KMIA and I guess MS is checking for possible conflicts with things sold in the MS Marketplace.

Other users reported success by rearranging the order of sceneries in the CONTENT.XML file that is located one folder up above the Community folder. It's NOT normally required by, if you have a conflicting scenery, that method is akin the usual rearranging of the Scenery Library in FSX/P3D, just the sim doesn't have an user interface, so you can only do it by manually editing the file. According to some users reports, placing KEYW higher up on the list would fix the missing buildings.

keino333

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2020, 03:45:35 pm »
Note:  Another thing.  I've run the update several times but it only registers Version 1.0.0 released September 23, 2020.  How do I fix that?  I've removed the scenery deactivated the registration and then reinstalled, but I don't see version 1.1 (purchased from simmarket)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2020, 03:43:49 pm »
Note:  Another thing.  I've run the update several times but it only registers Version 1.0.0 released September 23, 2020.  How do I fix that?  I've removed the scenery deactivated the registration and then reinstalled, but I don't see version 1.1 (purchased from simmarket)

If you are referring to the version of the Windows Control Panel, that number only refers to which installer you used when installing originally, it doesn't say anything about which version you have now, because that version is being updated using the FSDT Live Update, and that always downloads the latest files so, even if your *installer* reads 1.0.0, if you install now, you WILL get 1.1.

For Key West, this is very easy to check: if you have 1.1, you should see the two additional islands with their POIs on the World Map.

RobdeVries

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2020, 02:46:02 pm »
I have two issues with this  scenery:

1. I have this via the Marketplace it still says version 1.0 after deleting and reinstalling via Marketplace. How do I get the update to 1.1.
2. I seem to have two in opposite direction blowing windsocks

I don't have any other sceneries installed in this area.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 02:59:35 pm by RobdeVries »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2020, 12:06:56 pm »
1. I have this via the Marketplace it still says version 1.0 after deleting and reinstalling via Marketplace. How do I get the update to 1.1.

I believe Microsoft released the update today.

2. I seem to have two in opposite direction blowing windsocks

Those two windosocks are both default objects, we just placed them and they are supposed to rotate in the wind on they own, we don't have any control on them, other than setting their location.

carlosq

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2021, 01:11:46 am »
Hi

If you ONLY have Key West in the community folder, then the buildings indeed show up BUT if you fly at night the tower is completely white, it has no textures

I wonder if this is part of the conflict with other sceneries.

If the tower shows as white then the scenery does have an issue

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 10:06:12 am by carlosq »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2021, 11:01:14 pm »
If you ONLY have Key West in the community folder, then the buildings indeed show up BUT if you fly at night the tower is completely white, it has no textures

Not what's happening here, and nobody ever reported this before. See the attached screenshot how the scenery really looks like.

I wonder if this is part of the conflict with other sceneries.

Difficult to say what the problem might be on your system, perhaps a video driver issue, a scenery conflict shouldn't cause that.

carlosq

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2021, 11:08:09 pm »
Well that's odd indeed
I think we'll never find out what the issue is
Anyway thanks

St.LouisBlues

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2021, 03:19:27 pm »
Hello,

I wanted to let you know that there is a fix for the windsock blowing in the wrong direction according to this article.  Apparently you have to rotate the object 180 degrees as it's off by default.

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/fix-for-windsock-blowing-the-wrong-way.448756/

Thanks