Author Topic: JFK g  (Read 5701 times)

Marcus Dwayne Barber

JFK g
« on: December 04, 2009, 01:46:10 am »
Yes what gates generally do the airlines mostly park at jfk?  Is there someone who works at JFK or a ramp workers that can give me a realisctic idea of what airlines park at what gates at the airport so i can make JFK a little more realistic as it gets :).

phenocom

Re: JFK g
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 05:25:46 pm »
Check out the real world website for JFK airport. It has all the airlines for each terminal. You can find it at Wikopedia web site. They also have gate assignments for all the Terminals. Are you using this for AI Traffic or your own piloted flights? This website is also excellent for getting your afcad correctly designed for JFK for your AI traffic!

Marcus Dwayne Barber

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 08:26:37 pm »
AI traffic, what is the the jfk airport website u referring 2 that gives terminal and gate locations?

phenocom

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 07:37:11 am »
http://www.panynj.gov/airports/jfk.html You can use this link to go to actual JFK website. Click on Airport Guide and then Airport Map and then on each individual terminal for all the Airlines at that Terminal. JFK does not assign individual gates to airlines only airlines to the particular Terminal. If your doing a revised afcad just type the codes for each of the airlines at that terminal for each gate.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 07:39:03 am by phenocom »

jcupido

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 08:34:54 am »
Yes what gates generally do the airlines mostly park at jfk?  Is there someone who works at JFK or a ramp workers that can give me a realisctic idea of what airlines park at what gates at the airport so i can make JFK a little more realistic as it gets :).

JFK is one of a handful of airports that, for the most part, put most US airlines in it's own terminal.  That is a general statement as US Airways and United hsare terminal 7 with BA but the others have their own.  For AA, Delta, and Jet Blue you can pretty much not worry about where what goes because even in real life it changes quite a bit.  The only rule is to ensure that the large gaes handle widebody and smaller handles express and narrow. 

Terminal 1 and the International terminal (4) are all mixed with a variety of international airlines.  As long as you assign the correct airline to the correct terminal (see Wikipedia) you can pretty much assign each gate to all airlines that belong to that terminal.  It mixes even in realy life.

The only exception to this is terminal 7 which assigns BA and the other intl airlines to certain gates and I can not recall the actual assignment.  Still the default JFK afcad from FSDT is pretty accurate.