Author Topic: Scenery deactivated after latest FSDT update via the app  (Read 2540 times)

Greg Goodavish

Scenery deactivated after latest FSDT update via the app
« on: September 27, 2020, 04:56:56 am »
I recently ran my FSDT updater, and when it was done, half of my FSDT scenery was deactivated.   Using the Addon Manager, I was able to get all but one reactivated.  The one I could not reactivate was KIAH.  It said that all of the activations were used.  Could you help me?  My name is Greg Goodavish, and I should be in your system.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Scenery deactivated after latest FSDT update via the app
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 03:37:18 pm »
Activation issues need to be handled via e-mail because the next question that's going to be asked is what is your order or serial number, and I don't think you want that out on a public forum for everyone to see.
Captain Kevin

Wise87

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 01:49:38 am »
Same thing happened to me after the last update. I had to go back and manually register all my scenery one by one and I own just about every single FSDT scenery. What a pain in the butt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Goodavish

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 12:21:13 am »
OK, I sent an email to support, and no reply yet.  Can anyone help me to reactivate KIAH?

richbonneau

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2020, 08:45:19 pm »
Same thing happened to me, but the manual activation process in addon manager is not working.......

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2020, 11:34:58 pm »
As explained already several times in the forum, it's NORMAL you'll have to reactivate all your products, if your activation was obtained by Esellerate before it closed and still stayed because you never changed hardware since then.

The reason for this is, we updated the software to 64 bit, and there's no 64 bit of the Esellerate .DLL, and nobody will ever write one, since Esellerate closed in Sept. 2019. You didn't had any problems until now, because the 32 bit version of our program still contained BOTH Esellerate and the new QLM, so your activation worked through Esellerate only because you haven't changed your hardware, so the Esellerate library worked with the Esellerate keys stored in the registry,.

Now, since the 64 bit version of the program only works with QLM/Soraco, your Esellerate registry keys are not read by anything now, so you must redo the activation with QLM/Soraco.

When NO external software (Firewall ) is interfering, you can still use your old Esellerate key and activate it on QLM because, of course, we UPLOADED all the old Esellerate key on the new servers, but in order to work, the software CANNOT be blocked by a firewall.

If you are seeing the QLM License Wizard, it means the firewall IS blocking our software ( normally, you see only the Addon Manager window ), but is still allowing the License Wizard. However, the way the License Wizard works, it CANNOT use an old Esellerate key. An old Esellerate key can ONLY be activated on the new server when NO firewall is blocking our software, but the License Wizard ( which comes ONLY if the firewall is blocking us ) only accepts NEW QLM/Soraco keys.

Every Esellerate order has its own new QLM key associated with it, it's enough to follow the indications on the FAQ page of our site to retrieve your keys by email, and the email will contain new activation keys ( those that starts with an A ), and they can be activated by the License Wizard even when a firewall is blocking it.