Author Topic: Missing Buildings with ADM v2.7.0.15... Help!!!  (Read 9457 times)

JamesChams

Missing Buildings with ADM v2.7.0.15... Help!!!
« on: December 04, 2009, 01:09:49 am »
Virtuali,

As you know, I upgraded ADM to v 2.7.0.15 (from v2.7.0.12) and now my purchased Cloud9 Bergan X buildings are missing. :'(  
I tried reloading the sim; no joy; HELP! :-[

PS: Both Coualt and ADM are in the Addon Menu (loaded) in the Sim.
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing Buildings with ADM v2.7.0.15... Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 01:12:43 am »
As you know, I upgraded ADM to v 2.7.0.15 (from v2.7.0.12) and now my purchased Cloud9 Bergan X buildings are missing. :-[ :'(  I tried reloading the sim; no joy; HELP! :

PS: Both Coualt and ADM are in the Addon Menu (loaded) in the Sim.

You need to use the new FSDT installer for Bergen. If you still had the Cloud9 version installed, you need to uninstall it first, then install the FSDT version.

JamesChams

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 01:16:34 am »
...You need to use the new FSDT installer for Bergen. If you still had the Cloud9 version installed, you need to uninstall it first, then install the FSDT version.

OK; will do!  Do I need to do that for Orlando X & XCity Rome (and perhaps even Aerosoft's Florence X) as well?
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 01:22:46 am »
OK; will do!  Do I need to do that for Orlando X & XCity Rome (and perhaps even Aerosoft's Florence X) as well?

No, because there's no FSDT installer for those ones (there will never be one for Florence, of course) so, the current one is fine, provided you run any FSDT installer after them.

In fact, this shouldn't have happened, but there was a small glitch of the stand-alone Addon Manager installer for FSX, that didn't do the automatic update for the Cloud9 Bergen yet. The full version was fine.

If you download it again now (download the stand-alone installer, not just run it), the fixed version is already online so, it will save you from downloading the full Bergen installer.

JamesChams

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 01:27:15 am »
If you download it again now (download the stand-alone installer, not just run it), the fixed version is already online so, it will save you from downloading the full Bergen installer.
Do you mean, that I shouldn't UNinstall the OLD Cloud9 installer and just download the NEW ADM instead?

Or, uninstall Cloud9's Bergan X installer, reinstall FSDT's installer and then the NEW ADM?
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 01:40:32 am »
Do you mean, that I shouldn't UNinstall the OLD Cloud9 installer and just download the NEW ADM instead?

Yes, this should be able to upgrade any Cloud9 scenery that was installed using a Cloud9 installer, which is what is supposed to do, but it didn't do it for Bergen yet, because of a bug.

So, if you download the Stand-alone ADM, it wil save you from downloading the full Bergen FSDT installer. The scenery is just the same, the only difference is the SP2 fix is already included, while in the Cloud9 installer it wasn't but, I'm sure you already applied that one long ago.

JamesChams

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 01:50:50 am »

Yes, this should be able to upgrade any Cloud9 scenery that was installed using a Cloud9 installer, which is what is supposed to do, but it didn't do it for Bergen yet, because of a bug.
Will try that method instead.  But I must point out that the ADM installation (v2.7.0.15) did delete the REX2.0 statements in the Exe.xml on my last install of it.  I had to restore those statements from the BACKUP again.  I've uploaded/attached my exe.dll file to this post if you want to look at it.  Gracie! :)

So, if you download the Stand-alone ADM, it wil save you from downloading the full Bergen FSDT installer. The scenery is just the same, the only difference is the SP2 fix is already included, while in the Cloud9 installer it wasn't but, I'm sure you already applied that one long ago.
Yes, I did install the SP2 Fix before.  However, since I already began downloading it, I'll finish and save that file for when I need to reinstall on a new system later.

EDIT:
I did modify the original exe.xml REX statements (to the order you now see in the attached) but they originally looked like this:-
Code: [Select]
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Real Environment Xtreme - Weather Engine 2</Name>
<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Real Environment Xtreme\rexwxengine2.exe</Path>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
</Launch.Addon>
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 02:03:34 am by JamesChams »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

JamesChams

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 02:20:56 am »
Virtuali,

The ADM v2.7.0.16 works nicely for the "Missing buildings" in Bergan X and DIDN'T delete my modified REX 2.0 statements.  However, I don't know if the installer will do that for the original REX 2.0 statement layout.

Gracie mille! :)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 11:36:15 am »
The ADM v2.7.0.16 works nicely for the "Missing buildings" in Bergan X and DIDN'T delete my modified REX 2.0 statements.  However, I don't know if the installer will do that for the original REX 2.0 statement layout.

Nothing has changed with regard to XML handling in this version. Nothing has changed in the XML handling for a LONG time. Which is also the same for all our installers.

The one and only difference this installer copies a missing file for Bergen in the scenery folder, which doesn't have anything to do with modifying the XML files.

The .ZIP file you attached shows all sort of strange and creative reformatting, as you were trying to intentionally confuse any XML handler. You probably fixed it somehow on the next try, so the same installer worked.

Now, I would probably need to add additional code to be able to defend against even the foulest of the XML hand-editing...

We DID had this, in a previous version. I've already explained it to you, when you were having problems with your hand-edited file and AI Carriers. Because of your issues (you were the only one having them, because, apparently, nobody else use your method of reformatting XML), I had to had an external XML validator program, that reverts your hand-editing, and reformat the XML file correctly BEFORE touching it. But you still had issues with it ( the famous "Tidy.exe", which you said it didn't work, when it was), so I removed it in later versions so, the current installers were more defensless against hand-edited XML files. I'll try put it back in in the next version.

JamesChams

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 07:55:33 pm »
Virtuali,
I've installed a new Saitek Switch Panel.  Its installer modified the original editing with another layout; so its NOT me playing games with your installers.  It didn't seem to cause a problem until I tried to install ADM v2.7.0.15 which resulted in the deletion of ONLY the REX 2.0 statements.  I did add those in manually from my backups after that occured.  But, their layout is different and I "think" that may have been the cause.  So, I modified the arrangement of the statements to conform with the way your statements and others were listed and when I installed the ADM v2.7.0.16, it didn't have any issues.  So, your idea of leaving "Tidy" in is probably for the best.  Although, the installers without it seems to work fine, ONLY if the original exe.xml file has completely correct formatted statements, which we both know is NOT the case with the installation of AICarriers, REX 2.0 and perhaps others.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 09:20:05 pm by JamesChams »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams