Author Topic: After Update No Airports show up **SOLVED**  (Read 10025 times)

bcm652

After Update No Airports show up **SOLVED**
« on: September 24, 2020, 08:49:36 pm »
After the last update that I did, I noticed that the airport terminal buildings have all disappeared from the smaller airports. I did another update but nothing changed. How do I get those buildings back again.
WIN 10, MFSX, GSX L2.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 01:48:44 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: After Update No Airports show up
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 11:04:52 pm »
What do you mean with smaller airports ?

bcm652

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 11:24:04 pm »
Sure, for example, MFSX, Canada, British Columbia, Abbotsford Airport, Cranbrook Airport, Penticton Airport, Victoria Airport.
They all had airport terminal buildings yesterday that you could park in front of, but now they don't. How do I get them back.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 11:34:23 pm »
I don't see how the Live Update can possibly have anything to do with default airports ( or even 3rd party ). The updater doesn't change any of the default scenery files.

bcm652

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 02:16:52 am »
I agree, so where do I find the default scenery files for a particular city in MFSX so I can check it out myself.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2020, 11:53:07 am »
I agree, so where do I find the default scenery files for a particular city in MFSX so I can check it out myself.

There are several thousands of them in the FSX scenery folder.

bcm652

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2020, 04:34:05 pm »
What is interesting, all of the scenery for the small airports, except for the terminal building is there and laid out with perfect makings like parking spots, GSX service, surrounding terrain, runway markings, etc. but no buildings.
Something has changed big time and I have tried everything that I can think of to fix it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2020, 04:42:58 pm »
As I've said, the Live Updater surely doesn't change any files of the simulator.

The GSX *installer* disables default jetways and the default truck, but surely it won't affect everything else and, you said you only ran the updater so, the updater surely cannot affect that.

bcm652

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2020, 06:39:01 pm »
I agree, the only thing that is effected is the buildings in smaller airports, which is supposed to be in the scenery file. The rest of the graphics at larger airports are fine. I even changed my graphics card and nothing changed, still the same.
Is it possible that buildings in the scenery file for small airports is getting skipped over when it's loading. I'm beginning to wonder if something in my MFSX program has changed.
So, here's the question, will I lose my FSDT files when I re-install my MFSX.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 08:15:41 pm by bcm652 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2020, 12:02:52 am »
So, here's the question, will I lose my FSDT files when I re-install my MFSX.

No, but you'll have to reinstall them, since FSX ( I assume with "MSFX" you mean FSX ) doesn't have the handy add-on.xml file from P3D4/5, which allows to uninstall/reinstall the sim without reinstalling the add-ons. Or, more precisely, the proper add-ons that use it, like our own...

If you are referring to activation, it's only required when reinstalling Windows or changing major hardware components, like the mainboard or the CPU.

bcm652

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2020, 02:36:03 pm »
If you are referring to activation, it's only required when reinstalling Windows or changing major hardware components, like the mainboard or the CPU.

Now I'm curious, why do you have to reactivate when you change your CPU.?

pads103

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2020, 09:05:31 am »
Never had this problem before.  Whether I start a flight at any of the installed airports or fly into them they are not there.  In the addon Mgr it says they are installed and active.  Not running any AV and defender has been deactivated.

Pit

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2020, 02:49:39 pm »
Hello,

pls read this thread : http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,24213.30.html

may be it can help to understand the issue (I suppose is the same problem as discussed on above thread).

Pit.

jwenham

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2020, 02:52:35 pm »
That thread is marked "SOLVED" ...  doesnt seem "solved" to me but more like "IDENTIFIED"

Pit

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2020, 02:55:10 pm »
.... YES! I agree with you   ;)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 02:57:04 pm by Pit »