Author Topic: reinstalled win10, now cannot live update  (Read 1662 times)

chrisjake

reinstalled win10, now cannot live update
« on: October 06, 2020, 03:43:17 am »
Hello,

My OS is on C: while everything else is on D:   I recently had to wipe C and reinstall win10. Before I did that I backed up anything I could find P3D related from C:   Reinstalled the OS, reinstalled P3Dv4 and restored what I backed up and all of my FSDT scenery is there and seems to be working fine, except when I go to run the Live Update I get this error:   "Cannot read the FSDT registry key  Value cannot be null. Parameter name: path1"

I do have the registry entry files for each scenery and have them in C:\users\myname    Live Update is not seeing something.   I thought maybe by reinstalling one of the scenery's it would put the needed file(s) out there, but wanted to pass that by the experts first.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: reinstalled win10, now cannot live update
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 04:19:47 am »
Of course you need to reinstall the sceneries, you cannot just backup files and restore them, since the installer needs to set some registry keys and, in addition to that, configure the uninstallers too and the installer will also need to configure the sim, so a normal/backup and restore of just the files won't work.