Author Topic: KEYW for MSFS - buildings not showing up  (Read 35635 times)

Rusty Dog

Re: KEYW for MSFS - buildings not showing up
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2020, 03:42:51 pm »
Just figured out this problem for me, it's quite easy: I edited the content.xml and moved the package entry for FSDT KeyWest nearly to the top so it is one of the first addons. This did the trick. :)

This worked for me !  Thanks.

Had the same issue here with only the tower showing.  Obviously there is a conflict with other scenery but I'm not sure why FSDT can't avoid this or know why it could happen.

However, doing what Kai-Uwe did, by moving the KeyWest package up the list in the content.xml to the top of all the add-on scenery (still keeping it below any Asobo scenery) did indeed work.

tajimak

« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2020, 10:33:53 pm »
I had the same problem; airport buildings didn't show up. I found out that the file Dusseldorf-City-MSFS-master.zip downloaded from FlightSim.com was somehow and surprisingly interfering. When i removed it, everything looks fine now at Keywest. Does this help?

einherz

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2020, 08:39:03 pm »
hi, had same problem, but edit content.xml give me all buildings, thank you, i don't believe place of addonmanager change something, as i see everything simple as can, scenery in addon subdir, and in community symbo link, orbx do that as well, so i don't mess with other addons, just in content.xml move line with keyw some up, not top, no shiva guy in the tower btw, just low grass between taxi and ranway, but i think it's ok
p.s. btw i found not only scenery.bgl double, but objects.bgl double, hope that's will change, i mean logic of scenery indexation, what will independed of same names
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 08:42:45 pm by einherz »

grouner

« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2020, 12:52:18 pm »
I, too, am having the same problem. I ran the FSDT updater, edited the content.xml to have the entry 2nd from the top line, and the scenery is now showing. However, the scenery is not showing as installed/purchased in the Marketplace section. At the moment I have only one other addon scenery purchased, KDEN.

KRouner
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 12:54:24 pm by grouner »

dbw

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2020, 03:57:13 am »
I'd like to buy this scenery but i don't know enough to do what you guys are doing to correct the problems with this new sim.

is this scenery working properly now? Is the installer working properly?

Thanks. Dave

doudou

« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2020, 12:48:49 am »
I have bought KEYW scenery today and had to move the entry up in content.xml to see the buildings.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2020, 10:13:05 pm »
However, the scenery is not showing as installed/purchased in the Marketplace section.

The Marketplace section will only show add-ons bought from the MS Marketplace, so this is normal.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2020, 10:17:36 pm »
I'd like to buy this scenery but i don't know enough to do what you guys are doing to correct the problems with this new sim.

As explained many times in this an many other threads, there's just nothing we can do from our side to fix a problem caused by another scenery in conflict.

is this scenery working properly now?

Of course it is, when there are no other conflicting sceneries installed. Or, when you rearrange the areas in the CONTENTS.XML file, which is only required when you are another scenery in conflict because, rearranging the areas there, is to allow the sim to change the loading order, to the conflict scenery won't get a chance to cause the problem.

This not not different than moving areas up in the Scenery Library, like in FSX or P3D, just the sim doesn't have an user interface to do that, doesn't mean that, "just" because the sim doesn't have allow you to rearrange things easily, that scenery conflict caused by other sceneries won't ever happen again.

Is the installer working properly?

Of course it is, why you even think the installer ever had any problems ?

dbw

« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2020, 11:10:58 pm »
I have bought KEYW scenery today and had to move the entry up in content.xml to see the buildings.

Thanks for the info. Cheers.

dbw

« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2020, 11:13:38 pm »
Where is the CONTENTS.XML file?
How far up is it required to be moved?
After moving it upwards has anyone noticed a conflict with another scenery?
Many thanks.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 11:14:59 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2020, 11:18:17 pm »
Where is the CONTENTS.XML file?

Up one level from the Community folder

How far up is it required to be moved?

It depends where the conflicting scenery is located. Start by placing it somewhere in the middle, if it's not enough, move it higher, and so on.

After moving it upwards has anyone noticed a conflict with another scenery?

Nobody reported any.

While KEYW can be a victim of another scenery ( one that likely has wrong Exclusion areas ), by itself it has all its Exclusion areas correctly set to affect ONLY the default KEYW airport and nothing else so, I don't think it could cause any problems TO other sceneries.

sttovo

« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2020, 02:07:33 am »
I’ve been having good luck with just deleting the Content.xml file and let MSFS sort it out. It will get rebuilt on next startup.

Dillon

« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2020, 09:54:50 pm »
I’ve been having good luck with just deleting the Content.xml file and let MSFS sort it out. It will get rebuilt on next startup.

This worked!  Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 10:44:17 pm by Dillon »

dexthom

« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2020, 06:19:09 pm »
I removed all free ware from the Content folder and all is well.  Now I have to find the culprit.

mikee

« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2020, 06:14:34 pm »
Hello ,

I just purchased KEYW for msfs2020 ! The Installation was Ok without any issues !
I did a flight to check the scenery and everything was fine !
Then i installed all ORBX Sceneries and some others from Microsoft Marketplace !
I did another flight at KEYW and i Noticed that All the Buildings were missing !
I tried to solve my issue reading through the forums but Unfortunately i am Unable !

Any help will be appreciated

Thank you ,
Mike