Author Topic: Can't install Key West  (Read 3825 times)

henry23

Can't install Key West
« on: September 23, 2020, 05:28:38 pm »
The installer points me to my D\ drive where my addon manager is for my P3Dv4 addons and when I prompt it to install I get an error message to say that it can't find MSFS which is installed on my F\drive and working perfectly well.  Any help would be much appreciated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can't install Key West
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 05:51:14 pm »
The installer points me to my D\ drive where my addon manager is for my P3Dv4 addons and when I prompt it to install I get an error message to say that it can't find MSFS which is installed on my F\drive and working perfectly well.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Please clarify what do you mean with "I prompt to install". Have you changed the default installation folder to point elsewhere, perhaps assuming you had to browse the simulation folder yourself ? The Addon Manager IS the correct folder, the installer will then create only a link to the Community folder of the sim.

Dom Mason

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 06:22:54 pm »
Good day Umberto

KEYW is a very good idea. Screenshots are gorgeous.

Question before buying. There is an issue that Asobo is beeing checking at, about airports sceneries that are too close together (issue : sceneries are not loading correctly in MSFS)
Specifically the current issue concern Alesund and Trondheim airports. Asobo is working on that apparently.

If i already own KMIA (or want to buy it), should i expect the same issue betweek KMIA and KEYW ?

Thanks in advance
Dom Mason
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 06:25:36 pm by Dom Mason »

henry23

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 03:52:44 pm »
Thanks for your reply: I'm looking at select destination location with the D\Addon manager and the Browse box greyed out and its when I click on the NEXT button that the error appears. I am then either given the choice to go back or cancel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 05:10:07 pm »
There is an issue that Asobo is beeing checking at, about airports sceneries that are too close together (issue : sceneries are not loading correctly in MSFS) Specifically the current issue concern Alesund and Trondheim airports. Asobo is working on that apparently.

The problem Aerosoft is referring to, is when two sceneries close together BOTH used custom aerial photos. KEYW doesn't use aerial photo so, it shouldn't create that problem, even when close together with another scenery that has custom aerial photos.