Author Topic: GPU at plane by default?  (Read 1936 times)

disco79stu

GPU at plane by default?
« on: September 22, 2020, 08:07:04 pm »
Could there be an option to have the GPU already connected when loading a scenario (and „start“ gsx). Just like the tow truck already standing by at the parking position...

jm.talbourdet@wanadoo.fr

Re: GPU at plane by default?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 07:01:13 pm »
That is a very good question .....
I'm interested in the answer !

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 01:01:37 pm »
The GPU is one of the services that are not related to the parking, like the catering or the fuel truck, otherwise it would potentially require its own starting place, requiring users to customize its start position on the parking, and be sure it's not placed so that it stands in the way of other stuff, like the other "on parking" vehicles.

Captain JAB

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2020, 09:15:12 am »
But is there a way we can have the ability to individually select where the gpu is parked and where the cable is connected to the aircraft? Because in aircraft like the Twin Otter, or the Carenado ATR 42 are both capable of using a gpu but when you place the node where the external power hatch is the gpu gets parked inside the aircraft instead next to it. So I end up placing the node next to the aircraft so the gpu can be placed in the right spot but I do lose the satisfaction of seeing the cable being plugged into the plane. Now I just see the cable standing in mid air. Is there anything you can do?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2020, 12:05:55 am »
But is there a way we can have the ability to individually select where the gpu is parked and where the cable is connected to the aircraft?

Of course. If you customize the position, it will go there. Note that, you cannot customize the parking position independently from the cable attach point. The cable is NOT "flexible", because we don't have such advanced Kinematics in the sim, so the attach point will affect the parking position as well.