Author Topic: System hangs while installing Live Update  (Read 2269 times)

fziker

System hangs while installing Live Update
« on: September 17, 2020, 11:48:12 pm »
Some help please? I regularly run Live Update before taking a flight in my P3Dv4.5 simulator. Yesterday I discovered that my desktop shortcut didn't work so I figure something got corrupted and uninstalled GSX Level2 including removing the Addon Manager. I have both my firewall and antivirus turned off for both of these operations and have the Program Files (x86)/Addon Manager folder excluded from my security scans. I have successfully reinstalled GSX Level 2 but cannot get the Live Updater to start working again. It just hangs with the message: Installing  Please wait while Setup installs FSDreamTeam Live Update on your computer.

In addition to GSX Level 2, I have KORDv2, KCLT, KMEM, KSDF installed on P3D and MSFS KORD also.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Fred Ziker

fziker

System hangs while installing Live Update additional info
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 09:07:44 pm »
So I uninstalled all of my FSDT airports and GSX and then manually deleted the Addon Manager, Virtuali and FSDT folders from AppData roaming, P3Dv4 Addons and Documents. I can successfully load and activate any of my FSDT products but when it comes time for Setup to install the Live Updater the system hangs and will go no further unless I enter Task Manager and end the Couatl_Updater2.exe and then the install finishes. It was suggested by you to try deleting the Update Cache folder in AppData but that didn't work. I also tried to delete the Couatl_Updater2.exe and let the Couatl_Updater regenerate the Updater 2.exe which it did but that didn't solve my problem. I tried only installing and activating KORD for MSFS but the Live Update still won't run. Always hangs at the popup that say Please wait while Setup installs FSDT Live Updater on your computer

PaulDM

Re: System hangs while installing Live Update
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2020, 12:31:44 am »
The latest Couatl_Updater2 is unable to install. I removed ALL of my Flight sim programs including P3Dv4.5 and double checked that all programs were completely removed. I loaded P3dv4.5 and started by adding GSX2. When I got to the update I received an Internal Production Error. I have shut down my anti virus programs.
Paul
pwtbrn@gmail.com

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 07:16:17 pm »
I'm sorry but, I cannot reproduce your problem and, judging from your report ( hangs on install ), the only possible explanation is the antivirus interfering.

Be sure you add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusion. Be sure you don't have a firewall that is blocking the download.

fziker

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2020, 07:44:19 pm »
Thank you for your reply. I have exempted the entire Addon Manager file and turned off the firewall during install. I'd like to try again to uninstall and remove everything FSDT related and then start with a fresh install of GSX Level 2 and then subsequently the FSDT airports. Could you confirm that after uninstall I should delete the entire Addon Manager folder in Program Files (x86) and the FSDT folders in Documents/P3Dv4 Addons, and the Virtuali folder in App Data roaming? I've tried this removal and re-install but there must be some entries somewhere else that are corrupted that keep my Live Update from running? Something in the registry perhaps? This all began about the time when I uninstalled and moved my P3D to another drive to make room for MSFS. Whilst my P3D is freshly installed on the F drive the P3D Addons and App Data Roaming remained on the C Drive as does MSFS. (I also purchased KORD for MSFS). I'm just trying to give you some further info to help me solve this and get back to flying. Thank you in advance for any additional advice!
f