Author Topic: Re Installation of KORD  (Read 3552 times)

Juergen2

Re Installation of KORD
« on: September 17, 2020, 09:46:33 pm »
Hi,
I need to RE-LOAD my KORD in MSFS2020.
I go to Marketplace > Official Content >FSDT KORD > Buy or Download & Buy > and it wants to go to PayPal and show OWNED.
I go to the CONTEND MANAGER and it shows KORD by ASOBO STUDIO
what is the re-install procedure
Thanks for reply
Juergen Mader

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Re Installation of KORD
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 09:48:31 pm »
Have you bought it from the MS Marketplace ?

Juergen2

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 09:56:43 pm »
Yes Umberto,
and of course I get an immediate invoice from the Microsoft Store for $19.99.
Any chance of getting the money back?
Don't understand that it bought it again since it new I owned it!
Thanks
Juergen Mader

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 10:10:23 pm »
I'm sorry but, the purchase, install and reinstall process on the MS Marketplace is nothing we have any control over it. I can only say that, when I bought something on the MS Marketplace, it started to download as soon after the payment completed.

I tried removing a scenery bought from the store manually, when I restarted the sim and went to the MS Marketplace again, it showed as "Owned" and when I went on its page, the only two buttons I had were "Download" and "Content Manager", so you just click "Download".

I go to the CONTEND MANAGER and it shows KORD by ASOBO STUDIO

Maybe you were looking for "KORD" in the Content Manager ? Try Chicago or Fsdreamteam. The issue is, while the *Marketplace* can find something by "tags", so you can find FSDT O'Hare by typing KORD, the *Content Manager* only search for the package name, that is "Fsdreamteam Chicago O'Hare", so it ignores tags.

Juergen2

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 10:39:24 pm »
Umberto,
the airport was purchased originally from simmarket.
So if I go to MarketPlace > Official Content > All > FSDT KORD it states OWNED and also INSTALLED. Also if I search for KORD the same situation.
How can I tell that the FSDT KORD airport is installed?
I think I can forget about a credit from MS, my bad.
Thanks for reply
Juergen Mader

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 10:49:55 pm »
the airport was purchased originally from simmarket.

Now this is confusing. The first thing I asked was if you bought it from the MS Marketplace, and you said yes, including getting an invoice from Microsoft. Now you said you bought it from Simmarket ? Please clarify.

How can I tell that the FSDT KORD airport is installed?

What about going to KORD, and see for yourself if the airport is better than the default ? We removed the enhanced Asobo version so, if the airport looks good, you can be sure it's FSDT.

Juergen2

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 11:24:17 pm »
I was wrong in the initial reply - originally purchased from SimMarket.
So when I saw the airport in the MarketPlace I thought I can install it here . It gave me the options of Download & Buy and Buy. I clicked on Download & Buy than on Buy (PayPal is my preferred payment method) and thought I can cancel back out of PayPal but that was not the case. I bought the airport. So now I have the MarketPlace version and the SimMarket version.
Due to other "BS" with this simulator (continously  crashing CTD) I decided now to uninstall and re-install the simulator.
Once I get to be able to re-install the airport (probably 10 hours?????) I will use the installer from SimmMarket to get the airport loaded.
So if anything else pops up now I will let you know in this post
Thanks
Juergen Mader