Author Topic: Missing Addon Manager menu After Recent UPDATE **SOLVED**  (Read 8911 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: All FSDT Airport Terminal Buildings Missing After Recent UPDATE
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2020, 01:59:51 pm »
Please try to follow my instructions to the letter. Nowhere I said to "disable GSX" and "reenable GSX", so please don't do it. Try again, and skip the Disable/Enable GSX steps.-

mjlw

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2020, 02:08:18 pm »
I am getting that same message. No buildings at FSDT airports. Strangely the SODE jetways at MFSG YPPH are gone, but at other airports like Flightbeams NZWN the jetways are still present.

Regards Matt

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2020, 02:12:06 pm »
Strangely the SODE jetways at MFSG YPPH are gone, but at other airports like Flightbeams NZWN the jetways are still present.

Please clarify which kind of SODE jetways each of these airports have. Made by GSX or supplied by the developer ?

mjlw

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2020, 02:30:42 pm »
The jetways at MFSG YPPH were the GSX type I think. I cant find the Addon Manager menu either. I cant remember exactly but I think it was under Add Ons. The Couatl menu is there and it has submenus, Restart couatl, Restart couatl and rebuild airport cache, Key mappings, Show YouControl Menu.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2020, 02:32:26 pm »
The Couatl menu is there and it has submenus, Restart couatl, Restart couatl and rebuild airport cache, Key mappings, Show YouControl Menu.

Which means you have all the menus there, except GSX ?

FallonGunner

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2020, 02:37:19 pm »
The jetways at MFSG YPPH were the GSX type I think. I cant find the Addon Manager menu either. I cant remember exactly but I think it was under Add Ons. The Couatl menu is there and it has submenus, Restart couatl, Restart couatl and rebuild airport cache, Key mappings, Show YouControl Menu.

I started this topic with my original post above.  The Addon Manager is missing from the Addon Menu in the sim (P3d v4.4).  The Couatl menu is there however with all its submenus.

The jetways are present at my FSDT airports, but essentially the terminal buildings are missing.
To me, the airports look like what happens when you have them loaded in "trial mode" and the limited time to try them out expires.  Then the buildings disappear and are replaced by black shadows where they used to be.

I hope this helps everyone figure out the situation so that we can correct the issue and get our FSDT airports back in the sim.
Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2020, 02:43:24 pm »
I cant find the Addon Manager menu either. I cant remember exactly but I think it was under Add Ons. The Couatl menu is there and it has submenus, Restart couatl, Restart couatl and rebuild airport cache, Key mappings, Show YouControl Menu.

This is weird and, if it happens, it will surely explain why airports can't be read. Try this, download the latest VC++ runtimes here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

And restart Windows, then try again and see if you get the Addon Manager menu back.

FallonGunner

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2020, 02:48:04 pm »
I cant find the Addon Manager menu either. I cant remember exactly but I think it was under Add Ons. The Couatl menu is there and it has submenus, Restart couatl, Restart couatl and rebuild airport cache, Key mappings, Show YouControl Menu.

This is weird and, if it happens, it will surely explain why airports can't be read. Try this, download the latest VC++ runtimes here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

And restart Windows, then try again and see if you get the Addon Manager menu back.

Thanks for the prompt reply.
As you can see from my original post for this topic, I did uninstall and re-install the VC ++ runtimes, followed by a restart of Windows 10.
I didn't get the Addon Manager menu back and the FSDT airports were still missing (like in trial mode with time expired).

However, I will give this procedure another try and let you know what I find out.

19pecker67

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2020, 02:55:55 pm »
Ok, I try again:
1. Starting p3d.
2. Restart Couatl: Green: Airport Cache loaded successfully.
3. Ctrl-F12: Red: No valid AFCAD...
4. Exit p3d.
5. zipped Couatl.log and sent to you. 12:54UTC.

Thank you for your patience.

Andreas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2020, 03:02:07 pm »
The GSX Menu is there. It has the submenus, Disable, Settings, Customize Aircraft, Show GSX Menu by-passing YouControl

Do you have the Addon Manager menu as well ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2020, 03:02:46 pm »
Just to be sure, you do have the Addon Manager menu in the Addons menu ?

mjlw

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2020, 03:09:11 pm »
I have the GSX Menu but no Addon Manager Menu

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2020, 03:11:35 pm »
I have the GSX Menu but no Addon Manager Menu

Ok, that is the problem, try the suggestion in my first post here. Don't forget to restart Windows after you update the VC++ runtimes.

19pecker67

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2020, 03:14:15 pm »
Hello Umberto,

Add-ons contains
- SODE 1.6.8
- Couatl settings
- Couatl Live Update
- GSX
- and some other add-ons

... but no Add-on Manager.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2020, 03:16:48 pm »
... but no Add-on Manager.

Ok, it's clear this is the problem, so I merged this thread with the other identical one that reported the same problem. See my previous posts about reinstalling the VC++ redistributables.