Author Topic: Missing Addon Manager menu After Recent UPDATE **SOLVED**  (Read 8914 times)

FallonGunner

Missing Addon Manager menu After Recent UPDATE **SOLVED**
« on: September 13, 2020, 05:04:35 pm »
Hi, I'm hoping you can help me fix a problem I recently ran into after I updated a few days ago (Sept 10th).

The terminal buildings for all my FSDT airport sceneries failed to load.  At KDFW I see jetways but no buildings.  At KORD I get jetways and some stairways and window framing, but no buildings.

I uninstalled and re-installed the runtimes and restarted my PC after and before launching the sim (P3d v4) --- problem persists.
I uninstalled and re-installed GSX level 2 and KORD and KDFW --- didn't fix the problem.

I searched the forums for other ideas to try, but I couldn't find any other possible solutions.

Would appreciate and help you can offer.  Thanks very much.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 12:05:53 am by virtuali »

paulinyyz

Re: All FSDT Airport Terminal Buildings Missing After Recent UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 08:31:31 pm »
I have experienced the identical problem with Prepar3d. I ran the FSDT live updater yesterday after successfully using GSX with a flight and then today, first time after updating, I had "GSX could not find valid afcad data at this position services are not available", deleted the cache folder which didn't help and then checked the airports mentioned in the lead post and had the same results, some terminals present, some jetways but no terminals etc.

Paul

FallonGunner

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 09:31:28 pm »
Thanks for the reply Paul.

I forgot to mention that I got the same AFCAD GSX error message you put in your reply.

Hope we can get some help to figure out a solution to this mess with our FSDT airport sceneries.

BTW --- I have all of them!

Steve

mjlw

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 01:20:09 am »
I have got exactly the same issue. I updated a couple of days ago. Have rerun the updater several times but still broken.

cowings1588

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2020, 05:23:04 am »
It messed up the doors on my 777 too, because its not recognizing door being open already and all it keeps saying is open Door #1 or Door#2 depending which one I had set too my main door..  Which on 777 or even 757 is usually the 2nd door is your Boarding doors on the bigger planes..
COA
Bill

mjlw

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2020, 05:27:23 am »
After a bit more of a look, as well as the AFCAD error message and no terminal buildings at any of my FSDT airports, its seems all my SODE gateways are missing at other airports too.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 10:09:37 am »
It messed up the doors on my 777 too, because its not recognizing door being open already and all it keeps saying is open Door #1 or Door#2 depending which one I had set too my main door..  Which on 777 or even 757 is usually the 2nd door is your Boarding doors on the bigger planes..

It's not possible the update could have any effect on recognizing the airplane doors, since that is only controlled your airplane customization, which overrides the one from GSX.

Your reference to "Door #1" or "Door #2" is surely not accurate, since by default GSX will use the term "Exit 1" or "Exit 2" if the airplane is NOT configured and on the PMDG 777 ( you don't say which one it is, so I'll assume is PMDG ), which has a stock custom configuration that comes with GSX, the doors would be called "L Entry 1" and "L Entry 2", while on the Captain Sim version they would be called "Main Passenger Door" and "Second Passenger Door".

Assuming you meant "Exit 1" and "Exit 2" instead of "Door #1" and "Door #2" ( unless you customized the airplane to call them exactly like that ), it seems the problem is caused by either your own custom configuration having a problem, or the airplane not recognized at all, which usually happens only if the airplane is not supported internally, or when the developer release a new variant that comes in a new folder, which is common with Captain Sim for example.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 10:12:29 am »
Please try to be more accurate in your reports:

- What is the precise, exact, text of the error message about the AFCAD

- Is it happening at FSDT airports only or somewhere else too ?

- When you say you don't have SODE jetways elsewhere, are you referring to SODE jetways that comes with 3rd party sceneries, or SODE jetways added by GSX ?

19pecker67

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2020, 11:52:37 am »
Hi folks,

since last week's update (around Sep  9 or 10) GSX does not work anymore.

At *all* airports -- not only those with add-on scenery -- I get (pushing Ctrl+F12) the ...

"[GSX] Could not find valid AFCAD data at this position, service are not available"

...message. I learned that "removing the %PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl folder and letting GSX regenerate the cache" shall fix the issue, but to no avail.

Disabling, Enabling GSX, and Restart Couatl within p3d provide the green message "Airport cache loaded successfully"; no effect.
Restart Couatl and rebuilding airport cache provides "Airport cache regeneration completed with success in 2 seconds"; no effect.
Weather reports via Ctrl+F11 do work.

What shall I do?

Thanks in advance,
Andreas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2020, 12:22:32 pm »
I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce the problem.

Disabling, Enabling GSX, and Restart Couatl within p3d provide the green message "Airport cache loaded successfully"; no effect.

The "Airport cache loaded successfully" message means everything is fine.

Please enable Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings, then choose "Restart Couatl" and, after you see the "Airport cache loaded successfully" message, call GSX and see if the error happens again. If it does, exit the sim and check this file that should have been created.

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG

ZIP it and attach it to a post, using the "Additional option..." menu in the post.

19pecker67

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2020, 12:31:24 pm »
Thank you for your swift response.
Please find attached the zipped log file.

Andreas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2020, 12:36:04 pm »
Are you sure you called GSX before exiting ? The log doesn't show that.

19pecker67

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2020, 01:11:42 pm »
Ok, I try again:
1. Starting p3d.
2. Restart Couatl: Green: Airport Cache loaded successfully.
3. Ctrl-F12: Red: No valid AFCAD...
4. Disable GSX: Green: Airport Cache loaded successfully.
5. Enable GSX: Green: Airport Cache loaded successfully.
6. Ctrl-F12: Red: No valid AFCAD...
7. Shift-Ctrl-F12: Red: No valid AFCAD...
8. Exit p3d.
9. zipped Couatl.log and sent to you. 11:10UTC

paulinyyz

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2020, 01:50:07 pm »
In my case the following message occurs at all airports, regardless of developer; [GSX] Could not find valid AFCAD data at this position, services are not available

The missing terminal buildings and jetways are/is occurring at only FSDT airports. Not all buildings and jetways are missing, you can be sitting at a gate which looks fine and then look 180 degrees and find that the terminal and jetways behind are missing but the light standards may be there.

I checked to see if I have Microsoft Visual C++ 2015, both 32-bit and 64-bit and they are both installed.

I am also missing the Couatl menu where you register FSDT products.

I have also tried to generate a log but when I check the box and click on apply and then Ok, the check mark disappears.

Paul

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2020, 01:58:24 pm »
I am also missing the Couatl menu where you register FSDT products.

The Couatl menu is not where you register the products. That would be the Addon Manager menu.

Check if the Couatl menu initially is there, and then it disappears, which indicates it has crashed on start for some reason, but it started, otherwise you wouldn't have seen the "Could not find valid AFCAD data" message.