Author Topic: MSFS CTD after I had installed KORD FSDT **not an FSDT problem**  (Read 2516 times)

Micha2405

MSFS CTD after I had installed KORD FSDT **not an FSDT problem**
« on: September 13, 2020, 10:34:51 am »
Hello, I've purchased MSFS on releaseday and flew since there more than 100 hours without any CTD or other Problems. After purchase and installing FSDT KORD, the MSFS crashes by initialy loading the game or not later than choosing a location. By the OS Computermanagement Flightsimulator.exe is indicated as corrupt file now. But also the IVAO Pilot.Client and IVAO Pilot.Core  won't start anymore.
Are there any other Users with the same or similiar Problems?

Regards Michael
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 11:24:22 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: MSFS CTD after I had installed KORD FSDT
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 11:24:13 am »
No, of course there are no other users with this problem. FSDT KORD CANNOT possibly cause a crash in the sim executable because:

- It doesn't install ANY software in the sim

- It doesn't change ANY files in the simulator own folder, other than removing the Asobo KORD Premium version ( if you have it ), which is what you could have done yourself by removing the folder, because that's the only thing the installer does.

- It doesn't change ANY of the simulator settings.

- It doesn't even install any files in the "Community" folder, it only creates a symbolic link to its own folder.

- It doesn't use or require any special software to run.

- It doesn't use or require Simconnect ( so it's unrelated to IVAO, which does )

So no, what really happened, is your crash was caused by something else entirely, which by coincidence happened after you installed KORD, but the two events are completely unrelated.

You are being mislead FSDT KORD might crash the sim, but only because you probably assumed it installed special modules to it, like we do in FSX or P3D, so you probably are associating the two things.

Or, maybe, you might be mislead thinking it uses some kind of software, just because it installs into the Addon Manager folder, but that's only to make it easier to keep it updated with the FSDT Live Update. The scenery it's just located there for convenience, but no software that could possibly crash the simulator is used or installed.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 11:25:48 am by virtuali »