Author Topic: Not showing as purchased in the content manager  (Read 5770 times)

nyc2pdx

Not showing as purchased in the content manager
« on: September 11, 2020, 02:03:11 am »
Purchased with the discount.  Should it show as purchased in the content manager?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Not showing as purchased in the content manager
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 11:57:28 am »
Only products purchased from the MS Marketplace will show as purchased in the Content Manager. The sticky post in this section:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,24166.0.html

Explains some differences between the version that uses the FSDT installer, and the MS Marketplace version which can be summarized as follows:

MS Marketplace version

PROS

• Easier installation, no activation keys to type.
  • Easier reinstall, download is automatic from MS

CONS

• Files are encrypted, difficult to modify the scenery or use 3rd party utilities that might need to read the .BGL
  • Updates will come with some delay, depending how much time MS will need to approve them
  • Not possible to get Discounts as a previous owner of another FSDT product

FSDT or Simmarket version

PROS

• Files are not encrypted (although are signed with your key), so the scenery can be modified and it's more compatible with utilities like flight planners, maps, etc.
  • Updates can be obtained as soon as we release them, using the FSDT Live Update
  • You can get Discounts as an existing owner of other FSDT products
  • You are supporting FSDT directly.

CONS

• Installation a bit more complex, need to download an installer when the simulator is not running, and type an activation key
  • Installer not always available, so you must keep a backup. We are working on improving this though

Er!k

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 12:18:40 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Regarding the where to purchase. For via FSDT and simMarket you say 'You are supporting FSDT directly'. But I thought via Microsoft you did not have to pay to publish it there? And I know simMarket asks also a decent percentage per scenery and update.

So I think the best way is always to buy as close to the source as possible, directly through FSDT ;)

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2020, 01:07:47 pm »
Thank you Er!k.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2020, 04:32:13 pm »
But I thought via Microsoft you did not have to pay to publish it there? And I know simMarket asks also a decent percentage per scenery and update.

Of course we must pay a percentage, regardless of the retailer, nobody can sustain a large webstore for free...

a320wolf

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2020, 01:57:59 pm »
Hi Umberto,
one question if I can ask: why the price is higher (even if small difference) buying direct from you then from the marketplace or simmarket?

Thanks!
Regards, Max

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2020, 02:24:12 pm »
one question if I can ask: why the price is higher (even if small difference) buying direct from you then from the marketplace or simmarket?

- Exchange rates

- VAT/Tax ( our advertised price is net )

a320wolf

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2020, 02:29:46 pm »
Ah ok! Clear!  :)
Thanks a lot!

Regards, Max