Author Topic: FS9 won't start after installation  (Read 5116 times)

Snobile

FS9 won't start after installation
« on: December 01, 2009, 10:03:58 am »
Good morning,

I've just purchased JFK for FS9 - I used the webshop. After installing the product, restarting my computer and starting FS9, FS9 just returns to the desktop after updating the scenery library - no error message, nothing, it just disappears. The problem wasn't solved by uninstalling JFK again.
I honestly don't know what the installation messed up with my system, but everything worked fine before!

I hope anyone has a solution, because I would love to really enjoy the new scenery and completey reinstalling FS9 is only the very last option.

Greetz Arne

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FS9 won't start after installation
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 11:29:25 am »
Hello,

The installation hasn't messed anything. And, you can restore FS9 startup by uninstalling JFK and replying YES to the question "do you want to remove the addon manager?"

The mistake was probably made by your antivirus that has likely identified our module as a threat, and blocked it's update, or corrupted it trying to fix it.

I've checked right now, and all files are correct, both locally and on the server so, it's surely nothing wrong with the program.

Try to do the following:

- Unistall JFK and reply YES to the question "do you want to remove the addon manager?" Check you don't have any bglman*.* files in the FS9\MODULES folder. You shouldn't after uninstalling but, better check.

- Turn your antivirus OFF

- Reinstall, check that is downloading some files at start. Don't turn the antivirus ON, yet.

- Configure your antivirus to ignore the FS9\MODULES\BGLMAN.DLL

- Turn the antivirus back ON and try again running FS9.

Snobile

Re: FS9 won't start after installation
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 03:46:50 pm »
Hello,

thanks for the help. The problem was that I pressed 'No' to the question "do you want to remove the addon manager?" when uninstalling it. ;)  Sounds also logival with the antivirus stuff, when i disabled it while reinstalling, everythign worked fine later. :)

Greetz Arne