Author Topic: Door opening not recognized by P3Dv4.5  (Read 1517 times)

Jerrymc3

• My B737-800 Cockpit
Door opening not recognized by P3Dv4.5
« on: August 21, 2020, 12:14:27 am »
I think I may have posted this in the wrong forum.  I'm using the Prosim737 aircraft, FSDreamteam GSX and I have have the doors.lua installed but P3D is not recognizing that the doors are open.  I'm using Tab-1, Tab-2 etc. and the doors physically open but when I try to board/de-board the aircraft P3Dv4.5 tells me it is waiting for the doors to be opened.  If then use Shift-E I hear the sound of the door opening 3 times, then passengers will board/unboard.

Also, another problem.  On the GSX Ctrl + F12 Menu, I can't select items by using the numbers on the keyboard.  Its odd that the cell darkens slightly when I press the number but nothing changes.  I have to click on the selection with my mouse.  Same thing for the ATC menu.

Jerry
MSFS2020 PROSIM738
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi MB
Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz
EVGA CLC 240 Liquid / Water CPU Cooler
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Gigabyte RTX 3090 TI 24GB
OC EFIS,MCP,FWD/AFT Ovhd,COM,NAV,ADF,XPND

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Door opening not recognized by P3Dv4.5
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 05:22:02 pm »
GSX simply asks the simulator if the variables linked to the doors are reporting the door to be open or not. So, if GSX is not detecting an open door, the only possible reasons are:

- they are not open

- the airplane configuration you are using for GSX is wrong, meaning the door variables indicated in the GSX configuration for the airplane are not the ones that airplane use. Those can be either standard variables, or the true/false result of a custom XML expression, if the airplane doesn't use standard variables.

- something else is interfering with the doors, fighting against the simulation. There IS a reason why we never added an "automatic doors" option in GSX, and it's precisely to prevent the program to interfere either with the airplane internal simulation ( the airplane might have decided you *cannot* open a door, for example if there's no electrical power ) or with you opening doors manually, which would likely interfere with an eventual GSX automatic door function. So, if that LUA program you are referring to, is doing what I think is meant for ( opening doors automatically ), that might be precisely the reason why they don't seem to work, so you have a problem with it, which is exactly why we never tried to do that on our side.

Aussie123

• Very happy GSX2 User
Re: Door opening not recognized by P3Dv4.5
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 12:58:25 am »
Hi Jerry,

This is not a GSX problem. You need to head back over to the Prosim-AR 737 forum.

Basically, There are three things four thing not talking to each other and when they do they get out of sync. The four items are; The Prosim 737 Model that uses Tab + x to open eight doors, the Prosim system that talks to, P3d 4.5 and the GSX.
A forum member has come up with a solution: it is a Server/client solution, EFC737. Just run that server and they talk together beautifully. You can even prevent the Crew or Attendants from boarding or leaving. Download the separate EFC737 App and you can have the GSX controls and all messages on a separate tablet.

The problem you are having is a Prosim thing - not a GSX or P3d problem.
Aussie
Prosim-AR B738 user on P3d V6