Author Topic: Gsx not install  (Read 2216 times)

DaveBburns

Gsx not install
« on: August 15, 2020, 04:06:51 pm »
Hi as stated tried to reinstall gsx today on fsx and keep getting error while trying to read the source code and says source file is corrupted

Manager\simobjects\legacy\fsdt_sode_jetway_static\texture.red\fsdt_tbc_d.dds

Any ideas

« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 06:53:55 pm by DaveBburns »

tod

Re: Gsx not install
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 09:19:47 pm »
+1. Actually the file error is random. If you re-download again and re-install, there will be other files that says "corrupted".
Asus P8P67 EVO Mobo B3 Rev
Intel i7 2600K 3.4GHZ OC @ 4.6GHZ
2 x 2GB GSkill DDR3 1600MHZ Ripjaws 6-8-6-24
Asus NVidia GTX 580 - 1538MB
Corsair Professional HX850W PSU
1 Kingston SSDNow 128GB
1TB Seagate HDD
37" SAMSUNG LCD
Windows 7 64 Home Premium
Saitek Pro Flight, Logitech Xtreme

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2020, 06:18:11 pm »
The source file is not corrupted. It might have been corrupted on your system, either for a download problem, or because your antivirus has mistakenly identified as a thread, and corrupted it trying to "heal" a non-existant threat.

- Disable your firewall

- Clear your browser cache

- Remove this folder

Documents\GSX_Installer

- Disable the antivirus

- Try the download again

tod

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 02:53:55 am »
NONSENSE in my case the problem is not on my end and have had this problem for over month. I have disabled firewall, real time protection, clear browser cache, etc and it still does not work. Several other posts have similar issues. I doubt all is solved. Some like myself have given up. To me, it is your software delivery model that is faulty and does not work with all computers and internet setup. Instead of working with us who have problems and offering working alternative delivery methods, you expect us to troubleshoot on our end. Yet, I have no problems with any other vendor and installing their products and I don't have to do it by spending time turning off my various internet security. Sorry, I will not troubleshoot for you or jump through hoops just to install your software. As a loyal and honest paying customer for over a decade since FSX, this is beyond disappointing. One thing's for sure, I will be staying clear of any FSDT products in MSFS2020.
Asus P8P67 EVO Mobo B3 Rev
Intel i7 2600K 3.4GHZ OC @ 4.6GHZ
2 x 2GB GSkill DDR3 1600MHZ Ripjaws 6-8-6-24
Asus NVidia GTX 580 - 1538MB
Corsair Professional HX850W PSU
1 Kingston SSDNow 128GB
1TB Seagate HDD
37" SAMSUNG LCD
Windows 7 64 Home Premium
Saitek Pro Flight, Logitech Xtreme

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 10:31:48 pm »
NONSENSE in my case the problem is not on my end and have had this problem for over month.

Yes, the problem is our your end. And before you misunderstand, it doesn't mean it's "your fault", it means is at your end. With "your end", possibly meaning even your ISP so no, it's not your fault and I never said it was.

Several other posts have similar issues. I doubt all is solved.

Yes, they are solved and if they aren't, they should post again.

To me, it is your software delivery model that is faulty and does not work with all computers and internet setup.

No, it's not. We use the best of the industry standard, which is:

- Hosting files on Amazon S3, which is the undisputed best file hosting there is.

- For additional speed, all files are CACHED over the big network of Cloudflare servers, which EVERYBODY ( at least the best site that *needs* it because they have some traffic ) uses:

https://www.cloudflare.com/network/

The combination of Amazon S3 + Cloudflare ensure we DO NOT have slowdowns, even during the biggest releases, something that ( instead ) happens to lots of other developers.

Instead of working with us who have problems and offering working alternative delivery methods, you expect us to troubleshoot on our end.

That's for the obvious reason that the method I offered WORKS. You never replied if it worked for you AFTER I posted it, instead you posted this uninformed accusation about supposed problems in our whole distribution method which, as I've said, works with no issues for thousands of users. It's not as if we cannot monitor downloads.

For example, we served 660 GB in the LAST 24 HOURS, with about 9.000 visitors. Somehow I doubt if there REALLY was a "problem" with downloads, everybody is just ignoring it without reporting it. Usually, when we really have a problem, like a file that is REALLY corrupted, it takes MINUTES before the forum ( and the support email ) gets flooded with request for help.

Yet, I have no problems with any other vendor and installing their products

They might use a simpler network of just one server. Which means they'll likely crash on release day, which happened so many times, just not to us.

And, not many other vendors have TRIAL versions freely available for everybody to download, they *usually* let you download only after a login, which obviously mean they don't have nearly the same bandwidth requirements as we do, so they might not need the 2nd level Cloudflare network over the S3 servers like we do.

Sorry, I will not troubleshoot for you or jump through hoops just to install your software. As a loyal and honest paying customer for over a decade since FSX, this is beyond disappointing. One thing's for sure, I will be staying clear of any FSDT products in MSFS2020.

Your mistake now is, instead of doing the RIGHT thing and posting something as simple as:

"I tried your last suggestion, didn't work", which would have resulted ( OF COURSE ) in being contacted with an alternate download link, you LOST YOUR TIME posting such lengthy rant.

Awaiting for your contact to the support email, so we can let you try a different download link.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 10:34:34 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2020, 02:45:51 pm »
The topic is now locked, since:

- there are no corrupted downloads

- we posted a solution

- user Tod has posted an unjustified and unfair post against FSDT, which has been removed, and we offered him an alternate download link by email.