Author Topic: jetway base texture flickering  (Read 1752 times)

coolgovind180

jetway base texture flickering
« on: August 12, 2020, 05:35:03 pm »
hey all

So i am attaching a pic for reference. Ofocurse you cant see the flickering issue but what i see is that at the base of the jetways..there is a red texture design. It keeps flickering on certain airports. Why does this happen? its like flashing.

any help would be appreciated.  I am asking about the area marked cross. there si a red texture design at base. this keeps flickering. it cant be seen in this picture because it flickered while i took screnshot.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 05:36:53 pm by coolgovind180 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: jetway base texture flickering
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 11:11:50 pm »
It keeps flickering on certain airports. Why does this happen? its like flashing.

Key sentence here is "on certain airports". They probably raised their background too much, to prevent ground flickering but, by doing this, they are causing the jetway to flicker in FSX. This is no longer required in P3D, but it requires some changes to the scenery and recompilation with the P3D SDK.

coolgovind180

Re: jetway base texture flickering
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2020, 04:30:40 am »
Key sentence here is "on certain airports". They probably raised their background too much, to prevent ground flickering but, by doing this, they are causing the jetway to flicker in FSX. This is no longer required in P3D, but it requires some changes to the scenery and recompilation with the P3D SDK.

so which means I have to live with this correct?  I cant do anything here?