Author Topic: refuelling issue  (Read 3272 times)

coolgovind180

refuelling issue
« on: August 09, 2020, 07:10:45 am »
So I was using the ifly B737 800 aircraft. the refueling position is edited on the right side wing as suitable.

I called for the refueling truck. A truck came and then stood near the wings! a dialog box opened asking the required fuel quantity..i chose a custom fuel entry and then clicked it..and immediately the truck went away and message displayed refuelling completed! 

there was no attachment of the fuel hose to the bottom of the wings or anything! what am i doing wrong? should nt it realistically animate the refuelling procedure?

regards
govind

coolgovind180

Re: refuelling issue
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 07:39:26 am »
an update here. the only problem is no animation of the person attaching the hose under the wings animating the refuelling. There is a message at the top displaying the refuelling status and the time to complete refuelling but the fuel truck just stays near the wings with no person coming out and refuelling.

The vehicle that comes for refueling is an yellow shell vehicle. please help as to how to make the animation aslo come alive.

Also i tried this with majestic dash 8 seeing this video:
&t=203s

Exactly as it shows..the fuel truck came..and it stood near the wings but no animation of the attachment of the fuel hose to the wings showing refuelling. just that there is refuelling going on as the message seen at the top but no animation of refueling.

No person is attaching the fuel hose to the wings
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 07:51:05 am by coolgovind180 »

Aussie123

• Very happy GSX2 User
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 11:39:36 pm »
Quick reply before the staff come on line.

That is the new animated truck for in-ground re-fueling. You may have parked at a regular ramp parking area.
In my case, I get the same result with my 737.The original truck drives up (promptly drives away if you foolishly ask for less fuel than what is on board) otherwise it waits while the fuel is uploaded. Then it drives away.
I believe if you want the animation, you need to modify the parking spot to have in-ground re-fueling.
I could be wrong.
Aussie
Prosim-AR B738 user on P3d V6

coolgovind180

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 04:28:42 pm »
hey aussie

thank you so much man.

I enabled ground refueling since it was a ramp..but more than that i modified the fuel point setting in aircraft config in gsx. It had to be at a height of above 3.70. Once i did that ..normal vehicle came and refueling was perfect.

but then i wish to hear from developer...for the case of majestic dash 8..in order to get fueling truck with animation...what should be the height setting (vertical distance)??

AI would expect some one related to developing team to respond.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2020, 10:06:18 pm »
There are two requirements for the Fuel Hydrant to show, and BOTH must be valid:

- The parking must be at a gate, which by default means there must be a jetway. Outside gates, GSX by default will use a Tanker. Of course, using the GSX customization, you can override this logic, and set a parking to have Underground refueling, even if there isn't any jetway.

- The Refueling point for the airplane MUST be at least 3.40 meters high from ground. On a 737, this usually means you should place it a bit on the outside compared to the real world position, because only the outermost part of the wing is higher than that. The GSX airplane customization page is used to set this.

coolgovind180

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2020, 12:59:47 pm »

- The parking must be at a gate, which by default means there must be a jetway. Outside gates, GSX by default will use a Tanker. Of course, using the GSX customization, you can override this logic, and set a parking to have Underground refueling, even if there isn't any jetway.

Ok so a gate is a must or we can modify it internally to act to have underground fuelling.

- The Refueling point for the airplane MUST be at least 3.40 meters high from ground. On a 737, this usually means you should place it a bit on the outside compared to the real world position, because only the outermost part of the wing is higher than that. The GSX airplane customization page is used to set this.

Ok this i will set accordingly.

may i know what happens if the shell tanker comes? wont there be any animation? it will only show refuelling?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2020, 01:22:04 pm »
may i know what happens if the shell tanker comes? wont there be any animation? it will only show refuelling?

There's an animation. The tanker has the same requirements of the Hydrant, the refueling point must be at least 3.40 meters from ground.

coolgovind180

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2020, 03:24:40 pm »
yes umberto. I have seen the animations in tanker and fire hydrant. what i asked is about that shell vehicle. a small tank type vehicle having shell logo. unless and until the height of the point is above 3.40, this shell logo vehicle will come. and this doesnt have any animations right? i am just confirming that.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 11:13:16 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2020, 11:13:02 pm »
Exactly, the only animated vehicles are the tanker and the hydrant, both requiring a refueling point above 3.40 meters from ground.

Llondon

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2020, 08:05:46 am »

mjl1966

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2023, 02:56:08 am »
I also checked the fuel point -- it's over 4m high.  Still, no animation from the little Texaco truck.  Just the incrementing red numbers.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2023, 06:21:43 pm »
I also checked the fuel point -- it's over 4m high.  Still, no animation from the little Texaco truck.  Just the incrementing red numbers.

- If you are on gate with jetway, the Fuel Hydrant should always come, provided you haven't explicitly disable "Underground refueling" it in the airport profile for that gate.

- If you are on a apron, the tanker will come, but the only crewed ones both require the airplane with a total fuel capacity of at least 5000 gallons, otherwise you'll get the small Texaco truck, which doesn't have any crew.