Author Topic: Basel in MSFS 2020  (Read 46426 times)

sagoland

Re: Basel in MSFS 2020
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2020, 12:31:13 pm »
Could this prevent the shortcut from being processed correctly?

I don't think so. In early Alpha versions, Microsoft used a different application ID for the CD and the MS Store version, but this has been abandoned for the release ( at least this is what Asobo told me, I never seen the CD version ), so they both share the same app id so, from the installer point of view, they are exactly the same. If the sim wasn't recognized, the installer wouldn't even proceed.

Just to be sure, do you have this file ?

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Content.OPT

If yes, go to the last line, and tell me where the InstalledPackagesPath line points to:

InstalledPackagesPath "xxxxxxx"

I don't have the \Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe file at all at least not under that path. Steam/Microsoft handled my installation of MSFS. I've done nothing except creating a folder called SteamLibrary on my SSD (D:) and pointing the installation to it as you can do on Steam. This was immediately after release on 18th of August. Everything has been working well so far until this Directory Junction debacle.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2020, 12:51:42 am »
Why no animated people  on Basel for MSFS? KEYW has several animated people, which I liked.

There are animated people, of course, but they are all located at the LaBelvedere spotting places. The P3D version of Basel has more animated people ( walking inside terminals too), because they were created by GSX.

Of course, when we'll be able to get GSX to MSFS, lots of features will come back again.

waltch

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2020, 10:00:01 pm »
Hi Umberto
Did you find something wrong with the content.xml file that I attached in my last posting?
Thanks, Walter

akl25020

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2020, 12:54:07 am »
Why no animated people  on Basel for MSFS? KEYW has several animated people, which I liked.

There are animated people, of course, but they are all located at the LaBelvedere spotting places. The P3D version of Basel has more animated people ( walking inside terminals too), because they were created by GSX.

Of course, when we'll be able to get GSX to MSFS, lots of features will come back again.

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2020, 02:31:25 pm »
The path that I found in drive c:
user\Walter\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\ has a file named Content.xml (not Content.OPT)

Sorry, I said Content.OPT, but there's no such file, it's UserCFG.OPT.

waltch

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2020, 03:17:12 pm »
Thanks Umberto

The last entry in the UserCFG.OPT file is the following:

}
InstalledPackagesPath "H:\Users\Walter\AppData\Local\MSFSPackages"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2020, 03:56:51 pm »
And I guess that folder is where you Community folder is located ?

Could you please ZIP the file and Attach it to a post, so I can check for other things, like file encoding, or anything else that might have prevented the installer from reading it ?

waltch

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2020, 06:30:48 pm »
Yes, that's right, my community folder is there .... and copying the Basle scenery there manually made it show up correctly in MSFS (but I understand for updates this is not a good solution).

Attached the zipped UserCFG.OPT file

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2020, 05:42:40 pm »
Yes, that's right, my community folder is there .... and copying the Basle scenery there manually made it show up correctly in MSFS (but I understand for updates this is not a good solution).

Please clarify if you had a shortcut to the Addon Manager folder there ( so you copied over it ), of there wasn't anything related to the scenery.

waltch

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2020, 11:26:07 pm »
Do I understand you right? You mean in the Community folder I should have had a shortcut to the Addon Manager after running the installer for Basle scenery?
I am absolutely sure that at that point I did not have any shortcut or folder that related to the Addon Manager or a FSDreamteam folder in the Community folder and I guess that's the reason why the scenery did not show up.

So when I copied the fsdreamteam-airport-lfsb-basle folder manually into the Community folder I did not overwrite anything (there was also no message indicating this).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2020, 02:01:15 am »
Do I understand you right? You mean in the Community folder I should have had a shortcut to the Addon Manager after running the installer for Basle scenery?

Yes, that's what the installer does.

I am absolutely sure that at that point I did not have any shortcut or folder that related to the Addon Manager or a FSDreamteam folder in the Community folder and I guess that's the reason why the scenery did not show up.

Of course, without such shortcut, the scenery is just not there. Something must have prevented the installer from creating the link, most likely a permission problem on the Community folder, or possibly the antivirus.

waltch

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2020, 02:41:42 pm »
ok, thanks. I thought I did run the installer with Antivirus turned off, but will check again and also try to find out whether there is some permission issue on the community folder.

ACSoft

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2020, 03:56:18 pm »
What a beautiful scenery ! A real pleasure to land here !

But...

FS2020 assigned me the gate F4A. A place which is really not very smart to be to disembark my passengers, with an A320 ! No jetway, no Ladder truck ! No joy LOL !

Is there a way, by editing a file, to avoid this stupid FS2020 to assign me this location in the future ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2020, 10:16:04 am »
Is there a way, by editing a file, to avoid this stupid FS2020 to assign me this location in the future ?

That gate is configured as a gate, otherwise MSFS 2020 will populate it with GA airplanes and GA vehicles, which of course would be wrong, since that's NOT a GA parking spot. Next time you might get another gate, it's not entirely clear how a gate is chosen but, I guess it's a random selection between all gates that fits your airplane and are not already taken.

ACSoft

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2020, 10:42:04 am »
Thanks Umberto,

In the meantimes, I got a solution: I can choose the arrival gate while creating the flightplan in FS editor, something I did knew. Ok, this not the best solution, as to exclude some inapropriate gates, to your taste, would have being a better solution, by maintaining the more realistic randomness of the choice, but anyway it is better than nothing.