Author Topic: Basel in MSFS 2020  (Read 46395 times)

r0xx

Re: Basel in MSFS 2020
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2020, 02:37:56 pm »
No problem, thanks for keeping us updated!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2020, 02:15:23 am »
The MSFS installer is ready, we sent emails to all registered customers. In any case, the download is on the Download page as well, in case you missed the email. Just use your existing activation key from the P3D version, and you'll be good to go.

waltch

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2020, 04:29:07 pm »
Hi and thanks for the free version of LFSB in MSFS. I loved this airport already in P3Dv4.

Question regarding installaion into MSFS, as I am not yet very familar with installing addons there.
When starting the downloaded exe file for LFSB it installs to my C drive by default and I find a new entry MSFS under the Addon Manager folder where I can locate the FSDT LFSB scenery.
However, my MSFS is installed in a separate SSD drive H and the few addons I installed so far (mainly new liveries for aircraft) I had to install in the MSFSPackages community folder.

Going to LFSB in MSFS I did not see your scenery (only default buildings). Do I have to select another path when installing the FSDT LFSB scenery for MSFS? Or do I have to transfer the installed files under  the addon manager manually into the community folder of MSFS in my H drive?

Thanks
Walter

sagoland

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2020, 07:32:15 pm »
I have the same problem as Walter even though I installed Addon manager on my (D:) SSD drive where my Steam bought MSFS resides. I did manually move Basel airport to community folder and it works.

r0xx

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2020, 08:10:58 pm »
Worked fine for me using the installer and the Steam version.

It looks absolutely great, thanks a lot for your work! Already did about 10 take offs and landings in different day/night, weather etc.!

jodle

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2020, 08:39:32 pm »
Works perfect. THX! Now waiting for GSX... #staysafe

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2020, 10:22:38 pm »
I have the same problem as Walter even though I installed Addon manager on my (D:) SSD drive where my Steam bought MSFS resides. I did manually move Basel airport to community folder and it works.

Please don't do this, because now you lost the ability to get updates. The installer will work regardless which drive the sim is installed to, and regardless which version of the sim you have, and regardless if your community folder is not in the same drive as the simulator.

The installer will install into the Addon Manager\MSFS folder, and will just create a shortcut to the Community folder, which is what allows to see the scenery in the sim.

sagoland

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2020, 08:30:24 am »

Please don't do this, because now you lost the ability to get updates. The installer will work regardless which drive the sim is installed to, and regardless which version of the sim you have, and regardless if your community folder is not in the same drive as the simulator.

The installer will install into the Addon Manager\MSFS folder, and will just create a shortcut to the Community folder, which is what allows to see the scenery in the sim.
Well as long as your installer don't create that shortcut I have to install the airport manually to be able to use it. I have a support request where I explain further. Everything is installed correctly it's just the shortcut that isn't created. The problem is with the installer.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2020, 11:20:52 am »
Well as long as your installer don't create that shortcut I have to install the airport manually to be able to use it. I have a support request where I explain further. Everything is installed correctly it's just the shortcut that isn't created. The problem is with the installer.

The installer surely creates the shortcut so no, the problem is not the installer but, most likely something in your system, like an antivirus or something else, which prevented it to do what it usually does, that is creating the shortcut automatically.

waltch

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2020, 02:44:01 pm »
Thanks Umberto for your input.
I tried to install again, turning off the antivirus (Avira). Installation runs without problem, scenery goes to drive C (Addon Manager/MSFS), but scenery still not visible in MSFS (installed in drive H).
When I manually copy "fsdreamteam-airport-lsfb-basel"-file from C to the community file of MSFS in drive H, the scenery works perfectly and is there (awesome by the way!)

So, somehow the shortcut appears not to be created during the installation. Can I check this shortcut somewhere?
My MSFS is a CD/Microsoft Shop installation.

Walter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2020, 02:49:59 pm »
So, somehow the shortcut appears not to be created during the installation. Can I check this shortcut somewhere?

That seems to be the problem, the installer surely creates the shortcut so no, the problem is not the installer but, most likely something in your system, like an antivirus or something else, which prevented it to do what it usually does, that is creating the shortcut automatically.

There's not much to check, the shortcut is there, or it's not. The installer doesn't do anything strange or unusual, it simply runs the standard command to create a directory Junction. Have you seen any errors from the installer ?

waltch

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2020, 03:53:26 pm »
No, there was absolutly no error message during the installation.

The only thing that I could imagine that this has something to do with it: Like many other users of MSFS I installed from CD's and the updates from Microsoft Shop.
When starting MSFS I sometimes needed to insert the CD1 for checking, however, with creating a ISO-drive from CD1, I do not need to insert the CD anymore.
I know many other users have also this setup.

Could this prevent the shortcut from being processed correctly?
Walter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2020, 04:22:57 am »
Could this prevent the shortcut from being processed correctly?

I don't think so. In early Alpha versions, Microsoft used a different application ID for the CD and the MS Store version, but this has been abandoned for the release ( at least this is what Asobo told me, I never seen the CD version ), so they both share the same app id so, from the installer point of view, they are exactly the same. If the sim wasn't recognized, the installer wouldn't even proceed.

Just to be sure, do you have this file ?

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Content.OPT

If yes, go to the last line, and tell me where the InstalledPackagesPath line points to:

InstalledPackagesPath "xxxxxxx"

akl25020

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2020, 08:57:08 am »
Why no animated people  on Basel for MSFS?

KEYW has several animated people, which I liked.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 09:18:11 am by akl25020 »

waltch

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2020, 12:29:50 pm »
The path that I found in drive c:
user\Walter\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\ has a file named Content.xml (not Content.OPT)

there the last line reads like this:
<Package name="fsdreamteam-airport-lfsb-basel" active="true"/>

I attach the whole Content.xml file for your info

Thanks, Walter