Author Topic: Bright White Airport Surface Textures at Night?  (Read 3519 times)

downscc

Bright White Airport Surface Textures at Night?
« on: July 30, 2020, 06:41:52 pm »
In P3dv5 HF2, I just completed session with a PMDG B748F PANC-KSDF landing before dawn with TS activity.  At the FSDT KSDF facility, all airport surface textures were a solid white (untextured like your concrete textures are) including runways, taxiways and aprons.  The surface markings such as yellow lines were visible but the lighting looked unlike any of your products in that is was just a simple textured light with two 'sprites' extending into the air less than a few inches.  This looked really strange and I am seeking any insight or knowledge you may have of this odd display.

I shut down the session and came back to the workstation a few hours later and loaded a default aircraft at FSDT KSDF at night and it appeared normal under all weather and lighting conditions.

Any clues would be appreciated.

My displays do not have tweaks in the prepar3d.cfg, I am using a 1080Ti 11GB driving a 4K TV display.  I've confident that my VRAM use was normal (about 4 - 8 GB).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Bright White Airport Surface Textures at Night?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 10:50:55 pm »
That seems like a video driver / DX12 issue.

Note that, in the P3D V5 version of our software, everything related to DirectX is completely disabled, we have a separate .DLL for V5 ( bglmanx65.dll, opposite to bglmanx64.dll which is the P3D4/DX11 version ), which doesn't do any calls to DirectX yet, because we know the sim still has issues, so we wanted to be sure not to meddle into graphic stuff directly.

KSDF, as a scenery, it's just a scenery, doesn't have any special features that can possibly be related to rendering/DirectX, other than the ones which would be eventually used by GSX (custom jetway logos, jetway numbers, fuel counters, etc. ), , which are completely disabled in V5.