Author Topic: Stutters on approach with video  (Read 9292 times)

Keirtt

Stutters on approach with video
« on: March 22, 2020, 05:19:22 pm »
Umberto,
      I wanted to preface this by saying that I enjoy FSDT products but I've run into an issue with KSDF. I'v ensured that the product is up-to-date prior to doing any type of research into this issue. The issue seems to occur when flying into KSDF from another airport. I'm unable to reproduce it if I depart from KSDF and land at KSDF which makes me believe something is struggling to load in? The stutters tend to begin around 3,000' and progressively get worse as I descend on final approach. These stutters also tend to disappear by the end of the runway roll out and occurs on all runways.

I've been able to reproduce this issue with no 3rd party programs running (ActiveSky, SmartCARS, etc.) and using default aircraft. My computer is a high end system with the following specs:
Intel i9 9900k OC 5GHz
ASUS Maximus Hero XI Motherboard
TridentZ 32GB DDR4 RAM
ASUS Strix 2080ti OC 11GB

Admittedly, this issue hasn't occurred with any other scenery product so I'm unable to try to reproduce these results with another product. I also has FSDT KCLT and I don't have the same issue. Some settings I've adjusted to try to resolve the issue are as followed:

-Disabled ground traffic
-Disabled 3D cars on parking lots
-Cap Simcoonect Updates (with and without box checked)

Here is the video I've recorded to show the issue.
https://youtu.be/6rdzG9ffqg0

Thanks for the help with trying to resolve this!

Keirtt

Re: Stutters on approach with video
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 03:08:57 am »
Could you please try this file and see if it's better now ? Place it in this folder, overwriting the one which is already there:

Addon Manager\Couatl\KSDF

Just tested. A few stutters on approach but nothing that I could tell below 2,000'ish... if you don't mind me asking, what kind of changes did that file make? Seems to have helped.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 03:54:47 pm »
Just tested. A few stutters on approach but nothing that I could tell below 2,000'ish... if you don't mind me asking, what kind of changes did that file make? Seems to have helped.

We just increased a lot the loading range of smaller objects, but only in P3D4, since those will surely crash FSX with an OOM if we tried to load them all together, so they originally had a loading range smaller than the airport.

If you haven't noticed a significant fps drop, we might leave it as it is, and post it as an official update.

micstatic

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 04:45:11 am »
i just picked up SDF and also noticed some pauses on approach.  Should I too try this file or is this something that get picked up in the couatl update?  Another nice looking airport thanks.
EDIT: Also running P3DV4

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2020, 03:21:33 pm »
Try the attached file, because we haven't make it "official" yet, wanting to get more feedback, since it will clearly have some cost in fps, but as usual, not all users reacts to fps loss in the same way, and of course is very much hardware dependent.

Keirtt

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2020, 07:20:44 pm »
So oddly enough, that file seemed to help; however, I did a flight today from PHL to SDF and the stutters were absolutely terrible. Even weirder, I didn't have that initial pause several miles out. Again, was around 2000' down to the runway and then stopped after landing. Nothing has changed in my system since I last posted. Any  thoughts? Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2020, 04:18:26 pm »
If you ran a Live Update after you installed it, you lost the changes we made to it, so your reverted to the online version. We'll make it official in the next update.

Keirtt

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2020, 09:05:48 pm »
Yep, you were correct. That was the case. Another question.... I'm experiencing the same behavior at KCLT. Flew in there today from Virginia with a Cessna 172 and had the same issue. Will the file you provided in the previous post work with KCLT or is it specific to KSDF? Thanks for the help!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2020, 11:39:14 am »
Will the file you provided in the previous post work with KCLT or is it specific to KSDF?

No, of course, we would have to do a specific one for KCLT but, we would have to hear some reports first, because there is a cost in fps ( depending on the system ). And, the updated file for KSDF is now online with the current update, so there's no need to download it from the forum anymore, that's why I removed the post with the attached file.

rsmith6621a

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2020, 03:17:50 am »

I flew in to KSDF from EGLL with the PMDG 748 and had multiple stutters from 4 miles out and all the way to the gate. My FSDT files are all up to date as well.. Like Kerritt I can no longer fly in top KCLT as it is to painful.

Also why are all the UPS aircraft parked backwards in Area 7?

What is this file that was mentioned. Did you produce a file for KCLT as well?

Randy                                   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2020, 06:58:56 pm »
What is this file that was mentioned. Did you produce a file for KCLT as well?

You should really read my reply to your post on KCLT forum. If you had, you would have known it's not "a file" you must replace, but an option in the YouControl menu.