Author Topic: GSX Level 2 Jetways at ORBX Edinburgh (EGPH)- How to add jetways @ sode jetways  (Read 1883 times)

ryanairpisa2012

Hello, I got ORBX Edinburgh and the scenery comes with SODE jetways. I know these cannot be excluded the usual way as the default jetways, I read this in the manual, so I found the XML file in %appdata%12bpilot%xml and I've got the file for ORBX Edinburgh called 'EGPHstands'.xml.

Here is the content of that file. I'm wondering how to add level 2 jetways to this scenery, I'm not sure if this xml file is used to load other objects, or only the jetways. Can someone please advise what I should do, or if it is not possible to add level 2 jetways to orbx Edinburgh. This is the first time I've tried to use level 2. Thank you :) :)

<Model SimTitle="EGPHJETWAY">
            <Jetway InitialState="50;50;50;0"/>
            </Model>       
        </SimObject> 
    </Stand>
    <Stand AfcadICAO="EGPH" AfcadGateName="GATE" AfcadParkingNumber="4" CustomDesignator="Terminal 1;Pos 4">
        <SimObject Name="Terminal 1 Pos 4">
            <Placement Lat="55.948143" Lon="-3.365773" Alt="0#AGL" Hdg="107"/>
            </Model>       
        </SimObject> 
    </Stand>
    <Stand AfcadICAO="EGPH" AfcadGateName="GATE" AfcadParkingNumber="6" CustomDesignator="Terminal 1;Pos 6">
        <SimObject Name="Terminal 1 Pos 6">
            <Placement Lat="55.948494" Lon="-3.365595" Alt="0#AGL" Hdg="150"/>
            </Model>       
        </SimObject> 
    </Stand>
    <Stand AfcadICAO="EGPH" AfcadGateName="GATE" AfcadParkingNumber="9" CustomDesignator="Terminal 1;Pos 9">
        <SimObject Name="Terminal 1 Pos 9">
            <Placement Lat="55.949095" Lon="-3.363849" Alt="0#AGL" Hdg="150"/>
            </Model>       
        </SimObject> 
    </Stand>
    <Stand AfcadICAO="EGPH" AfcadGateName="GATE" AfcadParkingNumber="10" CustomDesignator="Terminal 1;Pos 10">
        <SimObject Name="Terminal 1 Pos 10">
            <Placement Lat="55.949349" Lon="-3.363102" Alt="0#AGL" Hdg="150"/>
            </Model>       
        </SimObject> 
    </Stand>
    <Stand AfcadICAO="EGPH" AfcadGateName="GATE" AfcadParkingNumber="15" CustomDesignator="Terminal 1;Pos 15">
        <SimObject Name="Terminal 1 Pos 15">
            <Placement Lat="55.949866" Lon="-3.360762" Alt="0#AGL" Hdg="250.5"/>
            </Model>       
        </SimObject> 
    </Stand>
    <Stand AfcadICAO="EGPH" AfcadGateName="GATE" AfcadParkingNumber="16" CustomDesignator="Terminal 1;Pos 16">
        <SimObject Name="Terminal 1 Pos 16">
            <Placement Lat="55.949291" Lon="-3.360418" Alt="0#AGL" Hdg="160"/>
            <Jetway InitialState="0;50;50;0"/>
            </Model>       
        </SimObject> 
    </Stand>
    <Stand AfcadICAO="EGPH" AfcadGateName="GATE" AfcadParkingNumber="18" CustomDesignator="Terminal 1;Pos 18">
        <SimObject Name="Terminal 1 Pos 18">
            <Placement Lat="55.948603" Lon="-3.359706" Alt="0#AGL" Hdg="255"/>
            </Model>       
        </SimObject> 
    </Stand>
</SODE>

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
If what you posted is whole file content ( it's not, because it seems you haven't posted the first line. You should never "post" files, you should *Attach* them to a post in ZIPed form ), it looks it controls only jetways, so it might be safe to just remove it.

ryanairpisa2012

Thank you Umberto, I was going to attach the full file but could not find the “attach” button on the forum. I renamed the file to “off” and it appears only the jetways are gone as I hoped. I have another question if you could please answer. With the default airports where the jetways are replaced automatically and properly placed, they work fantastically and line up perfectly with the airplane door etc. When replacing SODE jetways where the jetways disappear before you can add the new ones, how am I supposed to accurately place the jetway on the airport building ? How to choose an appropriate type and length of jetway and where to put the jetway. The product is working very well for me, it’s just I don’t know how to properly place the jetways in the same place as the SODE jetways that came with the airport as default.