Author Topic: Jetways in AIR  (Read 2133 times)

coolgovind180

Jetways in AIR
« on: July 29, 2020, 06:19:53 am »
I noticed this anomaly in LFPG whereby all the jetways are situated at higher location like in air.!!  I am attaching a picture for reference. I have the GSX expansion 2 also. I didnt notice this in other airports i flew...and first time noticing this in LFPG. I even restarted the couatl and the airport cache and the problem still persists.

What is causing this?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Jetways in AIR
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 11:47:42 am »
Go into the customize parking menu, click on the airplane at the top right corner, click apply. See if that fixes it.
Captain Kevin

coolgovind180

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 12:56:24 pm »
actuially in some other post i read we need to disable AEC correction done by orbx for certain airports to fix this. I noticed tha tLFPG was having AEC correction enabled under orbx vector..so I disabled AEC correction by orbx..for LFPG and that fixed it.  Should I do like this or should go for your method?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 05:54:06 pm »
ORBX first, and if that doesn't solve it, then do what I said. You hadn't mentioned you were using ORBX, so I had no idea.
Captain Kevin

coolgovind180

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 11:02:04 am »
hey kevin...

So i did another flight..and this time on landing at KBUF, I saw that jetways are elevated. So rather than going to AEC correction in orbx..I tried your method of customizing parking position and clicking on airplane symbol (which in fact syncs altitude to sim altitude) and that works like  a charm. No need to go to orbx vector everytime...this does a better and faster job. Just for others for quick reference. This in fact syncs altitude to sim altitude thereby bringing back our flying jetways to land... hihi ;D

happy flying

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2020, 12:54:12 pm »
When you ran ORBX vectors, it should have scanned for all the airports that needed to have AEC correction disabled. That's why I said to try that first before messing around with GSX, since it should do it all in one go.
Captain Kevin

coolgovind180

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2020, 03:16:49 pm »
I ran the AEC correction in vector and it disabled several airports. but some airports were still enabled and some of these airports also had such issues. So even after running AEC tool no difference. Thats why i found this method to be universal. and easier.