Author Topic: P3Dv5  (Read 1991 times)

malrim

P3Dv5
« on: July 26, 2020, 05:11:47 pm »
I have an FSDT GSX2 license installed on P3Dv4 and I will uninstall this version to upgrade to P3Dv5 version, how should I proceed with the installation of GSX2?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: P3Dv5
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 08:47:35 pm »
If you don't intend on using it in P3D V4 ever again, go to the Windows Control Panel, uninstall GSX and any FSDreamteam scenery you have, and when it asks if you want to remove the Add-on Manager, click yes. Then run the installer and select P3D V5 when asked.
Captain Kevin

malrim

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 04:54:58 am »
First of all, Thanks for replying. Is it possible for me to use GSX2 with the two versions of P3D (V4 and V5) installed on the same computer? I want to test all my add-ons on P3Dv5 before uninstalling P3Dv4.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 05:20:29 am »
Yes, it is possible to use it on both versions on the same computer. Unfortunately, I don't remember how the installer works exactly, so I don't know if you would have to select both simulators at the same time when you run the installer again or if you need to run the installer twice.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 09:18:03 am »
I have an FSDT GSX2 license installed on P3Dv4 and I will uninstall this version to upgrade to P3Dv5 version, how should I proceed with the installation of GSX2?

Just run the current GSX installer again, and select P3D V4 and P3D V5. Activation is completely irrelevant to the simulator used, it's stored on Windows so, as long you don't reformat Windows, you can uninstall/reinstall any FSDT product an unlimited number of times.

If you would eventually decide to uninstall P3D V4, there's no need to do anything to GSX. The folder is shared between all supported simulators, so you won't reclaim any space if you uninstalled\reinstall GSX on P3D V5 only.

The only significant disk space savings would be if you had the a 32 bit version ( FSX and/or P3D1/2/3 ), and remove it. Uninstalling reinstalling GSX would save you disk space, because the next reinstall on P3D V4/V5 won't install all the Legacy non-PBR objects.