Author Topic: Cartayna EDDF VX profile refuses to load properly on first load.  (Read 2109 times)

Ioan92

I'm having a weird issue with that profile, whenever I start up P3D v4 at EDDF, couatl seems incapable of seeing the airport's SODE jetways. It will see them only after I restart couatl, If i restart and rebuild cache, it will show no jetways, but still work.

If I land at EDDF, jetways will be available but GSX will say it's waiting for actions to be complete and freeze. Restarting coautl will send it on vacation and crash it without panic log.

Here's a comparison of logs: 1st is initial load, second is after reload.
https://www.diffchecker.com/KYLVFXmD

Fragtality

Re: Cartayna EDDF VX profile refuses to load properly on first load.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 08:58:02 pm »
I've changed the variables "dontcreatejetways" to 1 - I had the problem that I sometimes saw both GSX and the Scenery SODE Jetways on top of each other. Maybe that helps with your problem too!
Try the attached one, works for me in V5 on startup and landing (with the original afcad, not the one from cartayna - so don't forget to edit it for your bgl file!).
Or try to change variables in your profile, I've customized some other things in mine ;)

Ioan92

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 12:24:27 am »
No luck, unfortunately.

Ioan92

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 12:35:19 am »
I spoke too soon, your ini works perfectly fine, but mine, just with the applied tweak, does not.
Checking both inis in diffchk reveals what the fix probably is:
https://www.diffchecker.com/5oKrtGJe

I'll bet the fact that you added to the hasJetway entry fixes this thing, it actually loads properly now and, it uses fraport vehicles too! yay!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 12:40:37 am by Ioan92 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 09:27:21 am »
As discussed in another thread, we already fixed a problem with jetways flagged with dontcreatejetways not working correctly.

Note that, this setting should be used only in one case:

- When the scenery has its own static jetways ( those cannot be detected by GSX ), but you need to tell GSX there *is* a jetway there ( with the hasJetway flag ), to prevent GSX to use stairs and a Bus and you want to prevent GSX to create its own replacement jetway, which it otherwise had, since ( because they are static ) it assumed there wasn't a jetway there, so it was an empty gate that would had to be enhanced by a GSX jetway.

This is the only reason for that option to exists.

If a gate has a custom-made default jetway ( CTRL+J, with custom model ), GSX will detect it, so it won't create stairs or call a Bus, but it won't replace it automatically, until you go through the Exclude file creation process, and if the gate has a non-GSX SODE jetway, it won't be automatically replaced in any case, unless you remove its SODE XML file.

Fragtality

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 12:51:57 pm »
Glad I could help, happy flying Ioan!

Hint: All small/medium gate positions for DLH are optimized for the FSL320 ;)