Author Topic: Previous version  (Read 1313 times)

dutchkip

Previous version
« on: July 26, 2020, 10:35:51 am »
Hi there,
Is there anywhere were I could download previous versions of GSX and GSX level2?
New versions not working for me., causing massive fps loss when undocking displays and pulling them over to another monitor in the PMDG 737-800NGXu.
Dropping from 40-50FPS to 2.7FPS making it un usable.
It probably boils down to P3dv5 having been rushed out by LM knowing that they are going to loose out big style whem MSFS2020 comes out.

Regards
Leo de Haan
Scotland

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Previous version
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 10:07:29 am »
I'm not sure what do you mean with "previous version", this is the only version that would ever work in P3D V5 and, of course, nothing in GSX could possibly cause a loss of fps, nobody has reported this and, in fact, most users see a SIGNIFICANT increase on fps, when using P3D V5, especially considering in V5 we removed Render To Texture feature, used by logos and jetways number, since we would have to rewrite in Direct X 12, so GSX in P3D V5 takes less VRAM and renders less stuff.

The fps drop when undocking displays is a known problem, which happens also without GSX.

In P3D V4, IF you were using TWO different graphic cards ( not just two monitors ), you could fix this by disabling Render To Texture in the Addon Manager, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,23780.msg158457.html#msg158457

But, as I've said, that option in V5 is completely disabled ( not just disabled, there's no DX11 code in the V5 version of the Addon Manager ) so, it's not the issue here.