Author Topic: Font error when installing GSX  (Read 2053 times)

Clutch Cargo

• MileHigh Productions
Font error when installing GSX
« on: July 25, 2020, 06:46:43 pm »
I tried to install the latest version of KLAX into my P3Dv5 and received the message I need to install GSX first.  So I began to and received the following error message:

" C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\FSDT_LCD.ttf
An error occured while trying to replace the existing file; DeleteFile failed; code 5.
Access is denied. "

I aborted the install but I guess I could just choose 'Ignore' since the font is already there? 

The other thing I noticed was on your Products and Downloads page, was you have two listings of GSX,  a standard(?) and a Level 2.  (I have purchased both).  When I downloaded the file from both they were exactly the same file?  Should I install both,or just the GSX level 2?  Not sure how to proceed?  I am running Windows 10 v2004 and P3Dv5 HF2.

Thanks
Clutch Cargo
"Long Live the Tak"

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Font error when installing GSX
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 11:56:11 pm »
I'd say install both just to be on the safe side. You do need GSX before you can use GSX Level 2.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 10:09:00 am »
This has been discussed many times on the forum, in the thread named "GSX FSDT_LCD.rtf Font Error"

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,22468.0.html

As explained there, you can ignore it, means the font is already installed, and some kind of Windows protection feature is preventing to install it again ( it normally works with no errors, but on some system we see that ).

Shally

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 01:54:25 am »
Please correct me if I am wrong but it is the same file. The GSX code unlocks the base program and the GSX2 code unlocks the additional features.
Steve Shallcross.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 09:56:09 am »
Please correct me if I am wrong but it is the same file. The GSX code unlocks the base program and the GSX2 code unlocks the additional features.

Yes, exactly, there are not two separate installers, the features are enabled or not depending on the activation.