Author Topic: No Catering Options When Using Virtual Airline Override  (Read 2503 times)

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
No Catering Options When Using Virtual Airline Override
« on: July 24, 2020, 11:20:29 pm »
I've created several custom ground handling operators and catering operators, and I use the Virtual Airline Override option. I have eight different airlines, each with their own handling operator and catering operator. When I start to use GSX, I get the option to select a handling operator. I do not get the option to select a catering operator when I request the catering service. It defaults to Jet Aviation for some reason.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Catering Options When Using Virtual Airline Override
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 10:35:42 am »
Known issue. We already confirmed a while ago we'll have to add a separate Virtual Airline override for catering.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 12:19:02 pm »
Yeah, I saw that thread. You had said the following:
And, it's not explained but, you should always create a custom operator starting from the "handling" section of the GSX parking page, not the "catering" section, otherwise the Virtual airline override won't work, since it's supposed to override the ground operator. This might be confusing, and since some would probably like to have a different override for the handler and the catering, in the next update we'll add TWO separate override, one for the handler and another one for the catering.
And in that thread, I asked if it ever happened since I didn't see the option for it, and there were several updates since that post, so I wasn't sure if I had missed anything.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 04:29:29 pm »
And in that thread, I asked if it ever happened since I didn't see the option for it, and there were several updates since that post, so I wasn't sure if I had missed anything.

If you don't see the option, it's precisely because we still haven't added it. That's why in my previous post made today, I still used the future time ( "we'll have to add" ), instead of saying "we added".

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 06:42:42 pm »
If you don't see the option, it's precisely because we still haven't added it. That's why in my previous post made today, I still used the future time ( "we'll have to add" ), instead of saying "we added".
Right, I am aware of that now. Obviously at the time of my post in the other thread five days ago, I could not have known that it still needed to be added, which was why I had asked if it still needed to be done or not since in that thread, you had also said it would be added "in the next update", which obviously didn't happen. I definitely didn't see the option there, but I have also been known to miss things before, so I wasn't sure if it hadn't been added in at the time of that post or if it was and I just wasn't looking in the right place.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2020, 10:05:14 am »
you had also said it would be added "in the next update", which obviously didn't happen.

And that's the reason why we have Update release notes you can read at any time, so you don't have to wonder what's in there or not. So, the plan to update it in the "next update", obviously didn't happen, otherwise you would have seen it listed in the update release notes and, of course, in the sim.

And, the update release notes might be useful to know what is *supposed* to be there so, if you don't find it in the sim, they can also be an indication that something might missing from your update.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2020, 04:07:25 am »
Just thought I would let you know that this appears to be fixed now in one of the recent updates.
Captain Kevin