Author Topic: Choice of Ground Handler - How to set preferences?  (Read 7090 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Choice of Ground Handler - How to set preferences?
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2020, 10:23:15 am »
Customization DOES brake scoring. Proof is given by yourself: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14732.0.html and the manual. So essentially we both forgot to read properly ... me the manual and you my answers. 

You took a post from 2016, when livery customization was made with the new obsolete PaintKit, so users wanting to create their own liveries HAD to play by the rules of the normal scoring system.

This completely changed in 2019, after the PBR update and the new customization method, which allows you to just browse a logo file, and the operator will created automatically and THIS current system, as I've said, ignores the scoring entirely. But you can change it AND give it a scoring system, see below.

A) Don't call this option Airline Code, please rename it, it is just confusing (proof: this thread). When it is about choosing preferred operators, maybe call it "Preferred Operators".

Also, I didn't expect that cartayna (given all the dedication he put in creating his configs) was ignoring the / didn't know the behaviour of GSX when the airline code (which really means operator code) is changed.

I cannot possibly reply here about a user customization which I don't know much about it. I obviously tested with everything stock and, as I've said, I ONLY get Fraport at EDDF, which is exactly how is supposed to be.

If you would send me ( use the support EMAIL ) that file ( the complete download, including readme files ), I might have a look at it, and explain why you are seeing different operators. Note that, I would also probably need a copy of ALL custom operators in your %APPDATA% folders, because each of them could affect this, if their rules files were changed.

No, because this is not what it is. Airline Codes ARE Airline codes, and what they really are, are "score boosters" for the operator choice which, again:

- Is driven by the scoring system, if you DO NOT use a custom operator.

- Are completely ignored if you DO use a custom operator.

B) Please add a system which makes a relationship between airline and operator choice (like you described).

I already said this can be done so, why asking again ?

C) If B will not be added, please review if there is some kind of way to alter the operator codes AND have that scoring system. Maybe something like "Use Scoring System for the configured Operators".

OF COURSE there's already such system. When you create a new custom operator, a rules.cfg file will be created in its own folder in %APPDATA%\virtuali, and by editing this, you can make rules for the new operator to participate in the scoring system everywhere in the world, not just in the gate you are customizing. Page 36 of the manual.

And it was no joke when I wrote that I even would help coding to make B (or at leas C) possible.

I don't really know what you are trying to say here. Do you think that, considering what GSX does, you think we would need any "help" to code such trivial feature ? The problem is choosing priorities, and most of users right now expects:

- new features

- support for the next MSFS

Fragtality

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2020, 12:45:47 pm »
Hello Umberto,

I've send you the config via email. Would be nice if you could take a look, since other users might run in this problem also.  :)

For the discussion in this thread, I think it is better to leave it. I thank you for your precious time and sorry if I offended you at any point!

Regards,
Daniel

CaptainSazzman

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2020, 03:06:40 pm »
Ah, my least favorite part of GSX. Taxiing in after landing and selecting a gate? Whoops, your operator isn't an option! Time to restart Couatl, wait, then dig into the menu and set the right code. Editing the airport config ahead of time is really the only thing you can do.

Good news there is NO NEED. For all of that. As soon as you land, identify your gate, edit the parking and then tell GSX where you are going to park. No need to restart couatl.

Going ahead of time is actually useful. I do that to specify the exact handler, catering, underground fuel, and so on then restart P3D to actually fly.

airbadger

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2020, 03:21:45 pm »
Ah, my least favorite part of GSX. Taxiing in after landing and selecting a gate? Whoops, your operator isn't an option! Time to restart Couatl, wait, then dig into the menu and set the right code. Editing the airport config ahead of time is really the only thing you can do.

Good news there is NO NEED. For all of that. As soon as you land, identify your gate, edit the parking and then tell GSX where you are going to park. No need to restart couatl.

Going ahead of time is actually useful. I do that to specify the exact handler, catering, underground fuel, and so on then restart P3D to actually fly.

Both of your suggestions (which I do, regularly) are evidence of how the current system is not friendly to users. Editing while I'm taxiing? Spawning in at the desination and having to restart P3D? Tedious. But my words are wasted. I brought this issue up last year and it fell on deaf ears.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2020, 04:18:56 pm »
Both of your suggestions (which I do, regularly) are evidence of how the current system is not friendly to users. Editing while I'm taxiing? Spawning in at the desination and having to restart P3D? Tedious. But my words are wasted. I brought this issue up last year and it fell on deaf ears. /quote]

You should customize an airport BEFORE you do the first flight there. The whole GSX editor has been designed this way, the only thing that is designed to be used "on the fly", is the Quick Pushback ( as the name says )