Author Topic: LSGG Activation after bglmanx.dll problems  (Read 5249 times)

pkfsd

LSGG Activation after bglmanx.dll problems
« on: November 29, 2009, 11:50:21 am »
Hello,

I have a question. I tried out Bergen and had LSGG installed then the bglmanx.dll problems occured during startup of FSX. I could solve it the way it was decribed in the thread concerning the bglmanx.dll.

But, now I have the trial period thing coming up when I want to fly at Geneva. Do I really have to enter the serial again and take another activation away? I did not change hardware or something , I just wanted to try out Bergen because of the good discount.

I also own every scenery except of Zürich, but I have not installed them , so I cannot tell if the problem would also occur with your other sceneries.

Another thing is at Bergen I have flickering ground textures , is this a bug or does this belong to trial mode perhaps? I did not want to make a new topic in the Bergen Thread, as I had this question above also with Geneva.

Thanks for your help,

Phil

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: LSGG Activation after bglmanx.dll problems
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 12:32:36 pm »
I have a question. I tried out Bergen and had LSGG installed then the bglmanx.dll problems occured during startup of FSX. I could solve it the way it was decribed in the thread concerning the bglmanx.dll.

Let me recap, because I'm not sure to have understood the issue entirely;

You already bought LSGG in the past ( "had LSGG installed" is not very clear ) ?

Then you installed Bergen as a Trial, hit the known FSX bug due to having trusted a new version of a module, and fixed according to the forum explanation, so now you don't have any error, both sceneries work, but LSGG has reverted to Trial ?

Just to be more precise, otherwise we'll never find the issue. "Trial mode" means you will see a green sign on top of the screen when going to LSGG that is stating "Trial for Geneva has started", and you will see the complete scenery, and it will disappear after  minutes. This is Trial mode.

Instead, if you go to LSGG, and see no buildings, this is NOT Trial mode! This is a problem, and it doesn't have anything to do with activation, it's just something that is not right or not updated or files are missing, etc.

In any case, the Addon Manager will tell you if a scenery is in Trial or not. If it says "Active" and you don't see the buildings, then it's a problem that needs fixing. If, instead, is saying "Trial", and it works in full, for 5 minutes only, then IT IS in Trial, and it means, if you had it registered, that you Serial Number was removed from the registry for some reason.

Note that, if you change hardware, the Serial Number will NOT be removed from the registry.

The Serial Number will stay in the registry forever, unless you either remove it manually OR some dangerous utilites like registry "cleaners" will remove it (for example, if you uninstall the scenery, then run a registry cleaner, it might decide your Serial Number is can be removed, just because the product is not installed anymore, which is why registry cleaners are evil...) OR you reinstall Windows.

If you just change hardware, you will get a message that the scenery will need to be reactivated, because a Serial Number is in the registry, but its activation no longer matches with the updated hardware so, it needs to go online to verify your serial, and give a new activation.

So, from your description, I'm inclined to believe you simply lost the Serial from the registry, which is something that simply shouldn't happen, unless for external reasons, like manually editing the registry or running a registry cleaner. Which means, if you simply re-inserted it, you will NOT lose an activation.

However, if you send me an email with your Order Number or Serial Number AFTER you re-inserted the scenery, I can even check your specific situation.

pkfsd

Re: LSGG Activation after bglmanx.dll problems
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 03:04:46 pm »
Thanks for your fast answer,

sorry for being not precise enough , but I thought when I was talking about activation that it is clear that I bought Geneva.
Anyway, I bought Geneva about two months ago , installed it , everything fine.

Until I "installed" (NOT bought, at least not yet) Bergen.

Then Geneva, after reinstalling because of the bglmanx.dll issue, it went into TRIAL MODE again. Yes, Trial mode, with the green banner in the corner and after 5 minutes the buildings disappear and it says: Trial period over etc. ...

I do not have a reg cleaner or something, just followed the steps you mentioned in the bglmanx.dll thread and that is it. I do sometimes manually delete registry entries of fs addons I have uninstalled, but in this case I did not , because I knew that the key is kept in the registry, as I said I own KJFK, KLAS, KFLL, KORD as well and I uninstalled them and could reinstall again with no problem , because the key was in the registry.

The problem came up with Bergen.

In the addon manager Geneva is also stated in Trial Mode.

I will now enter the regfile again which was saved from the first installation and hope that no activation is gone from the number each customer has got and see if that works.

The textures in Bergen are still flickering.

Thank you
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 03:23:46 pm by pkfsd »