Author Topic: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020  (Read 7959 times)

Ahmed_rady

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
« on: July 16, 2020, 01:18:42 pm »
is there any chance that GSX gets update for Ms2020 after the relese?  :-\

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 07:03:13 pm »
is there any chance that GSX gets update for Ms2020 after the relese?  :-\

Surely, there no chance GSX could be updated for MSFS *BEFORE* the release, wouldn't it ?

Jokes apart, it all depends on the SDK capabilities, which are currently far from being complete and, once it will be completed ( we don't know if it will be completed before release ), then we can start working on converting our products and, particularly in case of GSX, we don't know how much time/effort it will take because, again, it all depends how many features, which are crucial to allow GSX to work, the SDK will have. Of course, Asobo is fully aware of our requirements, which if added, will likely make GSX working even better, but right now, we just have to wait.

Note that, GSX Level 2 also depends on SODE, which will have to be ported to MSFS as well.

FireCapt

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 12:59:31 pm »
morning Umberto,

Any update on this since the release date have been revealed, [Aug 18th}?  and a timeline for the airports too please.  ;D

Thank you,
Robert

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2020, 01:03:40 pm »
Any update on this since the release date have been revealed, [Aug 18th}?  and a timeline for the airports too please.  ;D
Given his post right above yours, I'm going to go ahead and say they have no idea right now, given the SDK for the simulator isn't even ready yet.
Captain Kevin

aal763

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2020, 03:35:33 pm »
I think the item I am most looking forward to with FSDT's sceneries in MSFS, is the increased level of ground clutter (baggage carts, vehicles, catering trucks, etc.).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 11:15:07 pm »
Any update on this since the release date have been revealed, (Aug 18th)

I'm not sure what you are asking here. This post, and my answer, are dated July 16th, that is 3 days AFTER the August 18th release date for MSFS has been announced so, are you asking for ANOTHER update on our part ? Not much has changed in 4 days, with a weekend in between...

and a timeline for the airports too please. 

We don't have any timeline, we haven't even decided which airports will be released, because this will depend on the users reaction to the sim, and how satisfied users will be with the enhanced airports.

And yes, as I've said already ( which has been confirmed by other scenery developers as well ), the SDK is far from being complete, and there are lot of things that make an SDK, some more relevant to airplane developers, some more relevant to scenery developers, some to tools developers, and they won't all come at the same time and not on release day, it's very likely both the sim and the SDK will be a constant work in progress, for a very long time.

kwensi

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 05:27:51 pm »
What will happen to those of us who have already bought your Sceneries for FSX/P3D. Can we get a discount or what is the plan for that.

simsuper80

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2020, 10:29:49 pm »
From the KORD previews for MS2020. I have noticed other aircraft sitting at the gate. Does the ai in MS2020 function the same way as it did in FSX? Or have they made many changes to it

DFWSupertrooper

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2020, 09:09:45 pm »
For the record, I don't care about discounts if you guys put out KIAH & KDFW in MS2020.  I'll pay full price again! :)  Those are two MAJOR hubs missing (AAL's HQ and UAL's big southern Americas hub (former CAL)).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2020, 09:49:09 pm »
From the KORD previews for MS2020. I have noticed other aircraft sitting at the gate. Does the ai in MS2020 function the same way as it did in FSX? Or have they made many changes to it

The AI in MSFS can use real life flights, provided by Flightaware, or completely AI-based flights calculated automatically. They are not entirely different than FSX and, just like FSX, there are no real-world liveries ( not in the latest Beta at least ), even if the AI flights are real, but it's easy to guess some add-on will step in.

simsuper80

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2020, 04:56:58 am »

The AI in MSFS can use real life flights, provided by Flightaware, or completely AI-based flights calculated automatically. They are not entirely different than FSX and, just like FSX, there are no real-world liveries ( not in the latest Beta at least ), even if the AI flights are real, but it's easy to guess some add-on will step in.

Ok, thanks! Its been a little hard to find any information about the AI.

Do they use the same afcad files? Or has that been changed. Im really hoping the ground handling is better, and traffic seperation on landing actually works.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2020, 01:27:37 pm »
Do they use the same afcad files?

The AFCAD format is not exactly the same as FSX, it has been expanded, but more from a scenery creation point of view, rather than an AI point of view. The main improvement for AI has been the addition of Sid/Stars, but I really can't say if the overall AI *behavior* has been improved, even if using similar data.