Author Topic: PHNL AFCAD Confusion ref Jetways  (Read 3057 times)

miata54

PHNL AFCAD Confusion ref Jetways
« on: September 06, 2020, 06:13:21 pm »
Sim is FSX. Clean install of Win 10 and FSX + Acceleration. New install of PHNL. Did the Live Up Date after viewing missing Jetways. See pics. AFCAD is AFX_PHNL.bgl in the  PHNL sub folder of FSdreamteam in the Addon Manager folder. I have GSX Level 2.

What do I have to do to get Jetways?  ::) :)

Update:

Fired up FSX again and went to PHNL. I now see some Jetways at various gates, but not all gates. Is this what it is supposed to be? Some, but not all? Checking in the GSX menu at "Customize Airports", I noticed that all but one gate show no Jetway listings at all. Are the Jetways that I see when in the sim, default Jetways or GSX Jetways? They do not respond to Ctrl-J for movement. I checked the AFX_PHNL.bgl AFCAD and there are no Jetways assigned in that AFCAD to the airport, yet there are some showing in PHNL in the sim. What is there origin?

Update 2

Through much testing, installing, reinstalling GSX and PHNL, I now have jetways at PHNL. I run the Live Update every time before I run FSX. Not sure this is needed or normal but it seems to be working for me.  I also notice when running the Live Update, that FSX looses the Cloud9 Orlando entry in the FSX scenery cfg file and it requires that I reinstall it in the FSX. Strange.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 06:00:23 pm by miata54 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PHNL AFCAD Confusion ref Jetways
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 08:18:22 pm »
I also notice when running the Live Update, that FSX looses the Cloud9 Orlando entry in the FSX scenery cfg file and it requires that I reinstall it in the FSX. Strange.

Not possible. The FSDT Live Update doesn't know anything about any Cloud9 product and there isn't a single line of code in it that has any connection between it and any Cloud9 product.

In addition to that, it doesn't access the scenery.cfg, not even in read-only mode.

miata54

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 08:40:24 pm »
I'm not doubting your expertise. Far from it. All I can relate too is what appears on my screen. "Orlando" still appears on the FSX scenery entry window but the error message I see says that it is not recognized in the scenery cfg file. I'll take  pics next time it happens and send them to you.

Thanks  ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 08:49:12 pm »
All I can relate too is what appears on my screen. "Orlando" still appears on the FSX scenery entry window but the error message I see says that it is not recognized in the scenery cfg file.

I don't doubt you see this. I'm just saying it CANNOT be caused by the FSDT Live Update so, it must be something else.

Most likely, your scenery.cfg has been corrupted by another utility that access it ( the FSDT Live Update does not ). What is not clear from your message is, do you have Cloud9 MCO installed ? That message looks like the one from the simulator when it says it cannot find a scenery in the scenery.cfg, usually because it has been moved or removed manually.