Author Topic: Bug - marshaller doesn't disappear if you park just short of where they want  (Read 2064 times)

airbadger

I've seen this a bunch of times recently. If you don't park exactly where the marshaller wants, they don't ever disappear. This might only happen when they use the ladder. The attached screenshot is several minutes after I parked and as the deboarding process started.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
The marshaller surely disappear, the only difference is if he's on a ladder, it will disappear immediately, and when he's not, it will first walk away and then disappear.

I think what you have in your screenshot is the marshaller still waiting for you to park, because he's still doing the close up gesture, when if he realized you should stop, he would do the cut engine animation instead.

airbadger

The marshaller surely disappear, the only difference is if he's on a ladder, it will disappear immediately, and when he's not, it will first walk away and then disappear.

I think what you have in your screenshot is the marshaller still waiting for you to park, because he's still doing the close up gesture, when if he realized you should stop, he would do the cut engine animation instead.

I don't remember this behavior happening in the past. If I parked just a bit short, the marshaller would still eventually give the engine cut gesture and then disappear. In this instance, the marshaller never disappeared, and instead stood in that position for 10+ minutes.

StumpJumper

Same here...park just short of where marshaller wanted. Marshaller not on a ladder. The cut engine signal is never provided. Marshaller does not walk away nor disappear. Remains till I shut down the sim. Just Noticed after last update.

Brittanix

I can confirm the same. Marshaller does not go away if parked slightly short (P3Dv5).

Jetzuri

Same here, I have to park short or the jetway won't work. The marshallers stays until I shut down the sim after deboarding.
Regards,

Alan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I can only repeat and confirm the problem doesn't happen, and it's exactly as it always was.

If you park too short, so the marshaller hasn't even started the "cut engine" animation, it will wait for you to proceed forever. Nothing has changed since GSX has been released, it has always been like this, you must be inside a certain distance threshold of the Stop position for the "cut engine" animation and message to be triggered and THEN, the marshaller will give the evaluation and will go away.

Right now, since GSX has been released, the threshold distance it's 50 cm ( 1.64 ft ), so you are shorter than that and stop there, GSX is still waiting. We might increase this a bit, to make it easier, but it's a value that has been there since forever.