Author Topic: GSX makes P3Dv5 crash **not a GSX problem, known P3D V5 bug**  (Read 7056 times)

SamuelHeine

So I have found a new issue for me in P3Dv5 regarding GSX.
When I request Pushback, all is fine, but then the little window where I can select where I want to push to, but sometimes the window goes away because I take too long, which in v4 was no issue, as I would just press the "Request pushback" again and the same window would appear again, but if I do this in v5, it instantly CTDs P3D... it's happended 3 times now... Just wanted to let you know :)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 11:03:04 pm by virtuali »

perfectflight

Re: GSX makes P3Dv5 crash
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 04:27:40 pm »
I have exactly the same problem

it creates this file VCRUNTIME140.dl

I don't think gsx is responsible if I call active sky, prepar also crashes

perfectflight

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 09:55:08 pm »
yes, I switched back to prerpar3d v4 and I have no problems

rickichy27

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 02:58:01 pm »
I have the same problem. Does the GSX team know of any solutions or will there be any updates?

airbadger

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2020, 05:21:14 pm »
Guys, if you have the VCRuntime crash let LM know in this thread: https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=138349

It's their issue to solve, but they aren't communicating directly with customers about it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2020, 11:02:35 pm »
I have the same problem. Does the GSX team know of any solutions or will there be any updates?

This has been discussed so many times and no, of course it's not a GSX problem or a problem we can fix because, as others said:

- it happens with other programs that use the in-game transparent menu ( like Active Sky )

- it happens even with the default ATC window, with no other add-ons installed

There's a very long thread about this on the LM forum, in which many users confirmed it happens when any add-ons using the menu, and with the default ATC window as well. We only did the only thing we can do, which is reporting it to LM, that's looking into it.

SamuelHeine

Re: GSX makes P3Dv5 crash **not a GSX problem, known P3D V5 bug**
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2020, 04:22:49 pm »
I am just saying.
The only reasons I have had CTDs in P5D so far has been when I have been interacting with GSX. I use Activesky and others, they have not caused problems so far...
Just saying :)

Martyjr

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2020, 03:55:41 pm »
I am just saying.
The only reasons I have had CTDs in P5D so far has been when I have been interacting with GSX. I use Activesky and others, they have not caused problems so far...
Just saying :)

Are you using the Basic GSX version or the full payware version of GSX?

Just to verify if you are using P3Dv5HF2 (I assume?)  ATC or not?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 04:00:01 pm by Martyjr »
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2020, 10:49:38 am »

Sorry, but that's not the case. The problem is confirmed to be caused by a bug in the standard semi-transparent Simconnect menu window which is also used by the default ATC, and it has been confirmed multiple times ( there's a very long thread on LM forum about this ) by multiple users it can happen even with NO add-ons installed, no GSX and just with the default ATC.

You are probably mislead assuming "it happens only with GSX", only because you are probably using the GSX menu more often. Because, if you followed the thread on LM forum, it's not something as easy to reproduce as "just" calling a menu. Sometimes you must call it many times, sometimes you must fly the sim for a while, but sometimes it happens randomly.

Many users mistakenly assume "it's GSX", but that's just because GSX uses that menu a lot, so the chances for a crash are higher but, again, it's not GSX, it's the sim itself. GSX is only sending a 100% STANDARD Simconnect command to create a menu, which is exactly the same in FSX, P3D1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, nothing has changed in the V5 SDK and the code to call it is EXACTLY the same and we are not required to do any changes to it, because the API is identical.

And of course, the problem has been reported to LM, which are looking into it.

B777ER

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2020, 04:46:13 pm »
Umberto, as this likely will be fixed in 5.1, any knowledge if we will see it anytime soon from LM?
Eric

SamuelHeine

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2020, 11:59:34 am »

Sorry, but that's not the case. The problem is confirmed to be caused by a bug in the standard semi-transparent Simconnect menu window which is also used by the default ATC, and it has been confirmed multiple times ( there's a very long thread on LM forum about this ) by multiple users it can happen even with NO add-ons installed, no GSX and just with the default ATC.

That might very well be the case, sounds right, I am just saying that I have only had CTDs when using GSX. Not saying its your fault, I am just saying it

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2020, 10:46:26 pm »
Umberto, as this likely will be fixed in 5.1, any knowledge if we will see it anytime soon from LM?

We hope so.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2020, 10:49:24 pm »
That might very well be the case, sounds right, I am just saying that I have only had CTDs when using GSX. Not saying its your fault, I am just saying it

As I've said, it's only because GSX interacts with the menu more than other apps. It's not as if you use the menu and you immediately get a 100% reproducible crash, it's random, it takes a while and it doesn't happen immediately.

So, if you don't use the default ATC that much, and you don't use other apps that have a menu and/or you don't call their menu as many times as GSX, it's entirely normal you would get the crash only after using GSX.

As you can see from the linked thread, several users confirmed they get the crash with the default ATC, with no add-on installed, not even GSX.

franciscosilvabar

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2020, 09:59:33 pm »
I have the same problem in P3DV5, when I select any GSX option, P3DV5 crash, I have tried it without any other open program, I have tried it with all the settings of P3DV5 as low as possible, even having a good machine (Intel i7-4790k and GeForce GTX1080Ti) Allways crash, any suggestions?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2020, 05:44:46 pm »
I have the same problem in P3DV5, when I select any GSX option, P3DV5 crash, I have tried it without any other open program, I have tried it with all the settings of P3DV5 as low as possible, even having a good machine (Intel i7-4790k and GeForce GTX1080Ti) Allways crash, any suggestions?

As the thread says, this is not a problem that has anything to do with GSX. It's a bug of the simulator. You say "P3DV5", without clarifying which version you have, because it has been fixed in 5.1, so you must update.