Author Topic: Corrupt files  (Read 2692 times)

Alabamaboy

Corrupt files
« on: July 09, 2020, 07:24:02 pm »
I had to redownload everything GSX KORD KLAX when GSX is installing to has source file corrupt errors even with the airport scenery I have cleared browser cache and redownloaded still no go solution please look like it happens with P3Dv5

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Corrupt files
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 11:54:27 pm »
I downloaded the GSX installer for P3D 4/5 again now, and it downloads normally and installs without errors. Verified all the file hashes that has been downloaded too, and they are all correct.

- Remove this folder:

Documents\GSX_Installer

- Clear your browser cache, and download it again

Alabamaboy

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 04:12:07 am »
That worked thanks

Alabamaboy

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 02:01:57 am »
So it’s happening again the scenery was in trial mode so I delegated all FSDT scenery and gsx when I went to reinstall the corrupt error started again I have no gsx_installer file but did delete the add-on folder cleared cache redownloaded even restarted computer still errors

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2020, 11:32:08 pm »
We haven't changed or updated the installers after you reported it worked after clearing your browser cache so, it must again a problem on your end, as it was before. I can only repeat and confirm the installers that are online downloads correctly and installs with no errors.

If they really weren't, we would have tons of similar reports by now, since we have hundreds of downloads per day.

TooMuchFS

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2020, 09:02:20 am »
I too an unable to download and successfully install GSX.
It ceased working in P3Dv4.5 (no idea why) and updating did not help. I then uninstalled completely and have attempted to download reinstall from fresh. I've tried using  three different browsers and two different ISP's and always get .DDS corruptions during install, and yes, that is with AV off.

Do you have any recommendations about browser, time of day etc? It's a bit frustrating not being able to use the product.

Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2020, 10:09:05 pm »
Do you have any recommendations about browser, time of day etc?

One solution was posted in a previous reply:

- Remove this folder:

Documents\GSX_Installer

- Clear your browser cache, and download it again