Author Topic: GSX Wont Work After Live Update???  (Read 10916 times)

Danny24626

Re: GSX Wont Work After Live Update???
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2020, 07:38:41 pm »
However, I Think I Have A New Culprit, When It Gets To The SODE Part Of The Installation It Gives This Error, Thanks For All The Help So Far

You are probably confusing "culprit" with "victim". BOTH GSX AND SODE are just reporting how messed up your simulator install is, they are just the messengers: don't shoot the messenger.

I suggest uninstall/reinstall P3D from scratch, doing a clean install, which means:

- Uninstall the sim from the Windows Control Panel

- Remove ALL these folders:

%APPDATA%\Lochkeed Martin\Prepar3D V4
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lochkeed Martin\Prepar3D V4
%PROGRAMDATA%\Lochkeed Martin\Prepar3D V4

- Reinstall using the latest P3D4 FULL installer.

Will Do Thanks.

Danny24626

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2020, 12:52:32 am »
Hi, Umberto, I Did Everything You Told Me And Still Nothing, GSX Only Looks Like It Works In FSXSE, I Also Discovered That SODE Only Works With Out GSX, And I Have Also Found Out  (With Event Viewer) That Couatl.exe Was Causing The Crash, As You Said "GSX Is The Victim" But I'm Not So Sure With All Due Respect I Think That GSX Is Not The Victim But The Problem Because I Have Singled Out All Other Factors That Would Interfere With GSX,

Here Is The Error Log

Faulting application name: Couatl.exe, version: 3.2.0.4376, time stamp: 0x5eea0c56
Faulting module name: Couatl.exe, version: 3.2.0.4376, time stamp: 0x5eea0c56
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00050329
Faulting process id: 0x1924
Faulting application start time: 0x01d656fc308d76c0
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Couatl\Couatl.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Couatl\Couatl.exe
Report Id: 3913a093-8871-409a-9ed7-7d68bcd06589
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Best Regards Danny.      
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 04:43:01 am by Danny24626 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2020, 11:41:02 pm »
Have Also Found Out  (With Event Viewer) That Couatl.exe Was Causing The Crash, As You Said "GSX Is The Victim" But I'm Not So Sure With All Due Respect I Think That GSX Is Not The Victim But The Problem Because I Have Singled Out All Other Factors That Would Interfere With GSX

You haven't found out anything. Your log only shows that Couatl crashed. As explained so many times an external .EXE CANNOT CRASH THE SIM. This is not something open to discussion, it's a fact. External .EXE cannot access the memory of another program, which means Couatl.EXE CANNOT CRASH THE SIM.

The opposite, instead, it's possible. Since it's the sim that starts Couatl.exe, even if Couatl.exe CANNOT affect the sim, they are in communication so, if the sim crashes ( FOR OTHER REASONS ) it will MAKE Coautl crash, because when the sim crashes, it will close the communication with the add-ons modules it connected with abruptly, so they will crash because of this.

If you check the Event viewer, I'm sure you'll see another crash event for Prepar3d.exe. Check the TIME, I'm fairly sure it happened a bit before the Couatl.exe crash event, and this should your proof ( since you apparently don't believe my correct explanation that an .EXE cannot crash the sim ), that it was the simulator that MADE Couatl crash, not the other way around, which is impossible.

So, I can only repeat my latest suggestion:

- Install GSX and test it BEFORE installing anything else.

I'm sure that, once you'll do that, everything will work again, so you'll be convinced the problem was elsehwere.

Danny24626

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2020, 04:05:35 am »
Have Also Found Out  (With Event Viewer) That Couatl.exe Was Causing The Crash, As You Said "GSX Is The Victim" But I'm Not So Sure With All Due Respect I Think That GSX Is Not The Victim But The Problem Because I Have Singled Out All Other Factors That Would Interfere With GSX

You haven't found out anything. Your log only shows that Couatl crashed. As explained so many times an external .EXE CANNOT CRASH THE SIM. This is not something open to discussion, it's a fact. External .EXE cannot access the memory of another program, which means Couatl.EXE CANNOT CRASH THE SIM.

The opposite, instead, it's possible. Since it's the sim that starts Couatl.exe, even if Couatl.exe CANNOT affect the sim, they are in communication so, if the sim crashes ( FOR OTHER REASONS ) it will MAKE Coautl crash, because when the sim crashes, it will close the communication with the add-ons modules it connected with abruptly, so they will crash because of this.

If you check the Event viewer, I'm sure you'll see another crash event for Prepar3d.exe. Check the TIME, I'm fairly sure it happened a bit before the Couatl.exe crash event, and this should your proof ( since you apparently don't believe my correct explanation that an .EXE cannot crash the sim ), that it was the simulator that MADE Couatl crash, not the other way around, which is impossible.

So, I can only repeat my latest suggestion:

- Install GSX and test it BEFORE installing anything else.

I'm sure that, once you'll do that, everything will work again, so you'll be convinced the problem was elsehwere.
Sir, I Don't Think That You Read My Statement Correctly I Stated, "I Have Singled Out All Other Factors That Would Interfere With GSX" Which Means That I Fulfilled All The Criteria You Asked Me To, And The First Thing I Installed Was GSX, But You Were Right About. "If you check the Event viewer, I'm sure you'll see another crash event for Prepar3d.exe. Check the TIME, I'm fairly sure it happened a bit before the Couatl.exe crash event, and this should your proof ( since you apparently don't believe my correct explanation that an .EXE cannot crash the sim ), that it was the simulator that MADE Couatl crash, not the other way around, which is impossible." I Should Have Included This Error Log As Well, I Will Try Your Suggestion Again And Come Back With The Result.

Danny24626

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2020, 10:36:25 pm »
Hi, Umberto, I Followed Your Suggestion's In The Proper Order And P3DV4 Still Won't Start With GSX Installed, The Only Way It Would Start Is When I Would Remove The FsDreamTeam Add-on Manager Add-on XML File, And I Still Had The Same Error During The SODE Part Installation, I Would Have Contacted 12bPilot About The Issue But He Is Not Active At This Point In Time, But To Prove Your Point P3DV4 Did Crash Before Couatl Here Is The Error Log For P3DV4.

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.5.11.29713, time stamp: 0x5ca56c53
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.815, time stamp: 0xb29ecf52
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000009bc36
Faulting process id: 0x3db8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d65a19eb577165
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: fe84f3fc-8b94-4969-ab04-5e4e7d495a27
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 11:35:22 pm by Danny24626 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2020, 11:03:50 am »
I Still Had The Same Error During The SODE Part Installation

Clearly indicating the problem is NOT GSX but, of course, your P3D installation that is entirely messed up. SODE is looking for files that should ALWAYS be present in a normal P3D installation. Without those files, nothing will work.

If it cannot found them, either:

- The simulator keys in the registry are missing or wrong

- The files are really missing, which seems to indicate an incomplete install of the sim.

To Prove Your Point P3DV4 Did Crash Before Couatl

Exactly, if you checked the timestamps, and saw P3D crashed before Couatl, it only confirms my explanation is the sim that is crashing on its own, and it's MAKING Couatl crash, because of disconnecting abruptly.

Danny24626

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2020, 06:12:41 pm »
- The simulator keys in the registry are missing or wrong.

Can You Tell Me What You Mean And How To Check?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 06:57:06 pm by Danny24626 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2020, 12:24:16 am »

If you reinstall the sim, the registry keys should be fixed.

Danny24626

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2020, 02:35:44 am »

If you reinstall the sim, the registry keys should be fixed.
Hi, I Have Reinstalled P3DV4 (And GSX) Six Times And It Still Won't Work, But When GSX Is Not Installed SODE Works For Some Reason? Are You Sure GSX Is Not The Problem?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2020, 11:24:05 pm »
Hi, I Have Reinstalled P3DV4 (And GSX) Six Times And It Still Won't Work, But When GSX Is Not Installed SODE Works For Some Reason?

You first said "I Still Had The Same Error During The SODE Part Installation". Are you still having this error ? If no, it seems reinstalling the sim DID change something.

Danny24626

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2020, 02:39:32 am »
You first said "I Still Had The Same Error During The SODE Part Installation". Are you still having this error ? If no, it seems reinstalling the sim DID change something.

I Will Check And Get Back To You Again.

Danny24626

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2020, 02:54:18 am »

I Will Check And Get Back To You Again.
Ok, So There Was No SODE Error When Installing, (Thank Goodness) But P3DV4 Just Refuses To Start When The FsDreamTeam Addon Manager Add-on.xml Is In The Prepar3D v4 Add-ons Folder And I'm Not Sure Why.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 05:36:58 pm by Danny24626 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2020, 06:59:42 pm »
Have you done a clean reinstall, as I already suggested ?

Danny24626

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2020, 07:15:27 pm »
Have you done a clean reinstall, as I already suggested ?

Yes Sir Exactly How You Told Me.

Danny24626

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2020, 09:26:20 pm »
Anyone Else Have Any Ideas On What I Can Do?