Author Topic: GSX Wont Work After Live Update???  (Read 10938 times)

Danny24626

GSX Wont Work After Live Update???
« on: July 06, 2020, 02:21:23 am »
Hi, Umberto, I'm Having Problems With GSX After A Live Update I Have Identified That It Was GSX After Uninstalling And Reinstalling P3DV4 And Add-ons

Best Regards Danny :)

7rrfsmuff

Re: GSX Wont Work After Live Update???
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 04:31:10 am »
I am also seeing a problem with the PMDG 777 during pushback that started after the June 29th update.  Once the pushback starts, the BRAKE light starts flashing and the pushback back "stutters" as if I was tapping the toe brakes.  The issue goes away as soon as the pushback ends.  This happens at any airport I choose, and only happens with the PMDG 777.  I have executed pushbacks using the PMDG pushback from the FMC, and with FSX native pushback without a problem.  It only occurs when I use the GSX pushback.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 06:57:50 pm »
We added a fix that should improve the pushback in the PMDG 747 and 737, but I couldn't test it with the 777, perhaps they use a different method, try to disable the "Dummy Pushback" option in the GSX airplane configuration and see if it works better.

Danny24626

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 02:10:08 am »
I am also seeing a problem with the PMDG 777 during pushback that started after the June 29th update.  Once the pushback starts, the BRAKE light starts flashing and the pushback back "stutters" as if I was tapping the toe brakes.  The issue goes away as soon as the pushback ends.  This happens at any airport I choose, and only happens with the PMDG 777.  I have executed pushbacks using the PMDG pushback from the FMC, and with FSX native pushback without a problem.  It only occurs when I use the GSX pushback.
Any luck? ???

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 03:13:08 am »
Any luck? ???
Did you even test what Umberto suggested?
Captain Kevin

Danny24626

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2020, 05:51:30 am »
Any luck? ???
Did you even test what Umberto suggested?
I Cant P3DV4 Won't Load When GSX Is Installed

benbo

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2020, 02:14:01 pm »
Getting the same issue on pushback in FSXSE with the PMDG 777,747-8 seems like the brake is being continually pressed,making the pushback stutter.

Thanks

Gary Jones

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2020, 04:37:19 pm »
Getting the same issue on pushback in FSXSE with the PMDG 777,747-8 seems like the brake is being continually pressed,making the pushback stutter.

The parking brake is not continuously pressed. To fix the cockpit vibrations caused by some kind of PMDG system that PMDG doesn't disable during the pushback, GSX is sending a *VERY* light ( about 2% strength ) push on brakes every second, and this make the pushback perfectly smooth with not stutters with the PMDG 747 and 737.

I haven't tried the 777, which is why I asked if disabling the "dummy pushback event" option in the airplane configuration page fixes the problem because, with the option disabled, GSX WILL NOT send anything, it will just do a standard pushback like any other airplane. Of course, you'll get the PMDG vibrations, but there's nothing we can do about it, other than doing that light press on brakes every second.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 02:42:51 pm by virtuali »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2020, 04:38:54 pm »
Sorry, when you quoted the one reply, I hadn't checked to see who posted the initial post and thought it was you. And this is exactly why people shouldn't jump into a thread to bring up a completely different issue, it causes too much confusion, and it looks like Umberto didn't even respond to it.
Captain Kevin

Danny24626

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2020, 10:39:47 pm »
Sorry, when you quoted the one reply, I hadn't checked to see who posted the initial post and thought it was you. And this is exactly why people shouldn't jump into a thread to bring up a completely different issue, it causes too much confusion, and it looks like Umberto didn't even respond to it.
Thanks For The Explanation. :)

Danny24626

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2020, 11:22:20 pm »
Anyone Have Any Ideas On How To Fix This ???

Best Regards Danny :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2020, 11:44:40 pm »

If with "this", you mean GSX supposedly not working after the latest update, it's difficult to say, since it surely doesn't happen.

The usual suggestions:

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning

- Disable the firewall

- Run the FSDT Live Update again

Danny24626

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2020, 02:20:41 am »

If with "this", you mean GSX supposedly not working after the latest update, it's difficult to say, since it surely doesn't happen.

The usual suggestions:

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning

- Disable the firewall

Will Do Thanks. :)

Danny24626

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2020, 04:08:36 am »

The usual suggestions:

- Disable the firewall

Hi Umberto P3DV4 Still Won't Run When GSX Is Installed I Did All The Steps You Told Me And It Still Did Not Work, However, I Think I Have A New Culprit, When It Gets To The SODE Part Of The Installation It Gives This Error, Thanks For All The Help So Far. :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2020, 01:34:12 pm »
However, I Think I Have A New Culprit, When It Gets To The SODE Part Of The Installation It Gives This Error, Thanks For All The Help So Far

You are probably confusing "culprit" with "victim". BOTH GSX AND SODE are just reporting how messed up your simulator install is, they are just the messengers: don't shoot the messenger.

I suggest uninstall/reinstall P3D from scratch, doing a clean install, which means:

- Uninstall the sim from the Windows Control Panel

- Remove ALL these folders:

%APPDATA%\Lochkeed Martin\Prepar3D V4
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lochkeed Martin\Prepar3D V4
%PROGRAMDATA%\Lochkeed Martin\Prepar3D V4

- Reinstall using the latest P3D4 FULL installer.