Author Topic: Error message when running FSDT Live update  (Read 1746 times)

NatoNeil

Error message when running FSDT Live update
« on: July 05, 2020, 08:57:27 am »
Hello,

When I run FSDT live update I get an error message stating that the version o have for SODE is out of date and that I should update to the latest version when hitting the ok button I am then sent to the SODE page. I download version 1.7.1 and install however I get the same message therefore I am unable to open the live update software.

I need this to run as when I am at KORD, KLAS and KCLT there are no buildings or taxiways at all and it also appears to be effecting Aerosoft Mega Airport Zurich V2. I am also experiencing missing buildings at some other airports for example Aerosoft Mega Airport Munich, but unsure if this is due to the same problem.

I have messaged the SODE Forum but they tell me to contact you as it appears to be an FSDT problem.

Do you have any ideas as this is effecting my flight sim experience to an extent that after spending a lot of money on add-ons some of them are unusable.

Please help.

Kindest Regards

Neil

I run FSX Steam on Windows 10 with multiple add-ons

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Error message when running FSDT Live update
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 10:37:22 pm »
I download version 1.7.1 and install however I get the same message therefore I am unable to open the live update software.

If GSX is telling you SODE is not updated, then it's not updated. GSX checks the SODE registry for the version number so, there must be a problem with it.

Try to Uninstall and reinstall SODE.

I have messaged the SODE Forum but they tell me to contact you as it appears to be an FSDT problem.

The missing buildings are likely caused by not having the current FSDT update installed. But you must first fix the issue with SODE, before being able to run the update.