Author Topic: ORBX SCA and FSDT KLAS compatibility issues  (Read 12690 times)

Greg Goodavish

ORBX SCA and FSDT KLAS compatibility issues
« on: July 01, 2020, 03:20:27 am »
I had version 2.0 of KLAS, and using the following edits suggested by ORBX with their SCA scenery, it worked great.
DEACTIVATE: (by renaming from .bgl to .bgl.off)

>>> in \Orbx\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SCA05_SCENERY\scenery
FTX_SCA_objects_KLAS_PLC.bgl.OFF
ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS_CVX.bgl.OFF
ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS.bgl.OFF

>>> in \Scenery\World\Scenery
ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS_elevation_adjustment.BGL.OFF

>>> in \fsdreamteam\KLAS\scenery
mesh_terrain.bgl.OFF
CVX_KLAS.BGL.OFF

ADD: (by extracting and moving the file attached below)

cvx_FTX-SCA_FSDT-KLAS_compatibility.BGL

I just upgraded to version 2.1 of KLAS, and   I cannot find these two files to turn them off.
mesh_terrain.bgl.OFF
CVX_KLAS.BGL.OFF

Therefore, I am having serious elevation issues with KLAS.  Was there a change made to version 2.1, where those two files no longer exist?  If so, any chance you could suggest how to fix this?

Greg Goodavish

Re: ORBX SCA and FSDT KLAS compatibility issues
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 03:22:44 am »
FYI, I am using P3Dv4.5.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 01:09:44 pm »
I just upgraded to version 2.1 of KLAS, and   I cannot find these two files to turn them off.

mesh_terrain.bgl.OFF
CVX_KLAS.BGL.OFF

That's because, the FSDT Live Updater, automatically detects if you have the OrbX fix installed and, if you have it will automatically "turn them off" for you, in the simplest way, which is removing them.

You should have seen a "OrbX compatibility fix for KLAS restored successfully" in the Live Update message window.

Greg Goodavish

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 12:10:53 am »
After running the updates, all of the fixes are still there, except for the two files I mentioned.  They are nowhere to be found.  Are they even a part of version 2.1?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 12:31:13 am »
After running the updates, all of the fixes are still there

Of course they are still there, that's the whole point of the updater recognizing the fixes: the OrbX fixes are files not made by FSDT that older versions of the Live Updater would have removed.

except for the two files I mentioned.  They are nowhere to be found.  Are they even a part of version 2.1?

It seems you still don't understand.

Part of the process of installing the OrbX compatibility fix, other than adding the files made by OrbX, is to DISABLE those 2 files that belong to FSDT KLAS, with the process you said you knew how to do: renaming them to .OFF

The FSDT Live Update found you had the OrbX files installed, and DISABLED THEM FOR YOU, by removing them. That's why you don't find them, the Live Update has already done what you are supposed to do manually!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 03:24:00 pm by virtuali »

Greg Goodavish

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 02:09:41 am »
Ok makes sense.  I guess ORBX will have to look at this issue.  Any chance you could give them the 2.1 version to work with it to fix this issue?

Greg Goodavish

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 07:06:05 am »
Never mind!  Found out the issue.  One of the files that ORBX said to turn off, duplicated itself somehow, and was causing the issue.  I removed it, and the scenery is working great again with SCA.  Thank you.