Author Topic: ERROR  (Read 6463 times)

yvesamuel

Re: ERROR
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2020, 04:31:38 pm »
could you send to me by mail the couatl file, so we are sure.
I just did another FSDT updatrre, an couatl was once more downloaded.

I just cannot understand what coul happen.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2020, 04:33:42 pm »
That's the direct link:

http://update.fsdreamteam.com/setup/fsdtroot/couatl/Couatl.exe

I just did another FSDT updatrre, an couatl was once more downloaded.

That's normal. If something modifies the file after it's downloaded, the updater will see that, and will download it again, because it doesn't match the version on the server.

yvesamuel

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2020, 08:20:12 pm »
Bad news : I fully formated my PC, réinstalled fresh P3D and just GSX.
I still have the same problem.

yvesamuel

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2020, 05:59:17 pm »
better news.
I found the problem : my addon manager files are supposed to be installed in D:\Lockheed Martin\Addon Manager. I don't now why, but I found them in programfiles.. which is known to be the worst place to install a program.
I uninstalled frm there and installed it in the folder they should be. This folder is excluded from ESET, and every thing works.

Have a good weekend.
Yves

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2020, 06:15:38 pm »
I found the problem : my addon manager files are supposed to be installed in D:\Lockheed Martin\Addon Manager. I don't now why, but I found them in programfiles.. which is known to be the worst place to install a program.

Our installer defaults to C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager, and that's PERFECTLY FINE, and the only reason why you would want to install elsewhere, is only if you have limited space on C:

There are no issues whatsoever installing in C:\Program Files, you might have read it's a "bad idea", but that's only valid for legacy products made for Windows XP that don't respect proper UAC rules of not trying to write in THEIR OWN folder.

Our products are 100% compliant with good software practices so, they never try to write anything in their own folder ( C:\Program Files is protected by Windows ), they only use %APPDATA%,so they will never have any problems installing in their default location.

I'm not sure what do you mean with "my addon manager files are supposed to be installed in D:\Lockheed Martin\Addon Manager". Have you installed there in a previous installation ? Have you MOVED there after installing ? Normally, the first FSDT product you install will decide where all the others will go so, and you won't be allowed to freely choose another folder for another FSDT product, if there's already one installed elsewhere.

If you only use the FSDT installers and uninstallers and don't move files manually, you will never be in a situation in which you have some FSDT files in a place and others in a different one, the installer won't let you do that.

I uninstalled frm there and installed it in the folder they should be. This folder is excluded from ESET, and every thing works.

Ok, so it was the antivirus after all.