Author Topic: FSDREAMTEAM trial mode  (Read 4000 times)

Martin009

FSDREAMTEAM trial mode
« on: June 25, 2020, 12:07:38 pm »
Is anyone  else here having an issue with FSDT GSX ? During my last update everytime I launch my simulator and I pop out the gsx control panel it reverts me to trial mode , now I went to the addon manger i tried my serial key again and reastart couatl its fine it works. But the problem is everytime like i said earlier everytime I restart my simulator it just keeps reverting to trial mode. I dont know if this is an issue with the update or maybe not since I haven't read any issue with this yet in the forums, and its not just me with the same problem my friend also has this problem. Any help will do Thanks, Good day!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDREAMTEAM trial mode
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 12:52:19 pm »
everytime I launch my simulator and I pop out the gsx control panel it reverts me to trial mode

Why you launch the simulator and pop out the GSX Control Panel, when you are supposed to CLOSE the simulator to use it ?

Martin009

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 03:33:23 pm »
Yeah , unfortunately everytime I close my simulator it crashes. Now I don't blame my addons to be the cause of the CTD its been there since I've bought gsx a while then after the new update it seem to have always an error.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 05:50:37 pm »
Yeah , unfortunately everytime I close my simulator it crashes. Now I don't blame my addons to be the cause of the CTD its been there since I've bought gsx

I'm sorry, but that's just doesn't happen. Are you using Windows 7 perhaps ?

Martin009

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 01:22:30 pm »
Yep I'm using Windows 7 why ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 02:41:31 pm »
Yep I'm using Windows 7 why ?

Because Windows 7 is no longer supported. A more complete explanation here, which also explain why even using an older installer won't likely work:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,23841.msg159018.html#msg159018

We removed Windows 7 from the supported OS in our product descriptions a while ago.

Martin009

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 09:45:35 am »
Ohhh. it's sad to hear  :(

HB-ESY

• Best workingplace ever..
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2020, 04:35:24 pm »
does this mean that all windows 7 users will NOT be able to make updates that you release in the future? :o

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2020, 04:53:59 pm »
all windows 7 users will NOT be able to make updates that you release in the future ?

Considering Windows 7 itself is not getting any updates ( not even security updates ) anymore, I'd say not being able to update our products is the least of your problems. If you choose to use an outdated OS, you must accept the chance you won't be able to use the latest version of any software on it.

But again, as explained many times already, we haven't done anything to explicitly prevent Windows 7 from working, nothing in our code ever checks the OS or care about. It's even possible somebody might be able to make it work, but we don't have any idea how, since none of us here ever used Windows 7 in years, even if I kept ONE single PC installed with Windows 7 "just in case", because until January 2020, before Windows 7 went entirely out of support, we still listed it as the minimum supported OS, so I had to keep a test machine ready. But after January, when we updated our site removing Windows 7 as the supported OS, I reformatted the last Windows 7 system I had as well.

It's just that WE cannot promise or guarantee it will work, because we don't have any chance to test it and we won't likely be able to fix it, if the problem is what I suspect is: Microsoft updating their standard libraries, which we must use in their updated form, to minimize the chance of crashes, since every new release of the VC++ redistributables comes with many bugfixes, which we wouldn't otherwise get if we stuck with older versions ( that *might* still run with Windows 7 ), and if we stuck with old versions, we might risk compromising stability for the vast majority of users, who use what is the current version of Windows since 2015, that is Windows 10. You are 3 major version behind, it's time to upgrade.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 04:58:09 pm by virtuali »