Author Topic: Missing Vehicles  (Read 6625 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing Vehicles
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2020, 11:58:57 am »
However, I've been using GSX for years and then this suddenly happens and I've changed nothing at all in FSX except update the Addon Manager - it seems strange then to find a fault elsewhere.

But since, as I've said, we haven't updated the baggage tractor in a long while and you do have the file, then the only possible reason is something must have changed in your settings.  And, I can see the tractors just fine here, with FSX:SE.

Have you tried to do what I suggested ?

fima66

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2020, 09:52:47 pm »
The problem is solved. Everybody who has same problem in FSX; FSX SE must disable Override Parking Airlines Codes in GSX option setting. All vehicles will be visible

jtbetteridge

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2020, 11:31:14 pm »
Where do we alter that setting?

fima66

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2020, 06:34:31 am »

Bottom line

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2020, 01:59:28 pm »
The problem is solved. Everybody who has same problem in FSX; FSX SE must disable Override Parking Airlines Codes in GSX option setting. All vehicles will be visible

Tried that, and it doesn't happen. I set the Override Parking Airlines Codes to DNATA, as in your screenshot, and I can see all vehicles, including the ones supposedly missing, in a DNATA livery. This with FSX:SE.

However, I noticed from your screenshot, you are running an outdated version of GSX, your setting page reports an old copyright note and the page looks very different than the current one.

Which sounds strange, considering you said "it happened with the last update". How you could possibly have a settings page from years ago, if you installed the "last update" ?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 02:02:36 pm by virtuali »

fima66

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2020, 06:44:51 pm »

Tried that, and it doesn't happen. I set the Override Parking Airlines Codes to DNATA, as in your screenshot, and I can see all vehicles, including the ones supposedly missing, in a DNATA livery. This with FSX:SE.

However, I noticed from your screenshot, you are running an outdated version of GSX, your setting page reports an old copyright note and the page looks very different than the current one.

Which sounds strange, considering you said "it happened with the last update". How you could possibly have a settings page from years ago, if you installed the "last update" ?

It was not my own screenshot. It was just a link of picture GSX setting for jtbetteridge. Perhaps, it was outdated version.  My own screenshot is here:

As for problem of missing vehicles, I dont know details, maybe textures have been unvisiible, maybe something else...You could be know better.  In any case everything is looking good after disable Override Parking Airlines Codes. My own screenshot is here:

« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 02:44:41 am by fima66 »

jtbetteridge

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2020, 10:55:02 pm »
OK.
So I tried all the "clever" fixes and nothing achieved, it was the same with no tractor (and also I noticed that whatever service provider was selected, the stairs were always different).
Then tried the disable over ride and that worked - tractors back but it is the wrong provider at the gate (British Airways livery at gate 8 in EGPH).
So there's still issues and I'm interested to know what else might be going wrong.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2020, 12:40:23 am »
Then tried the disable over ride and that worked

As I've said, I tried to enable the override, and it doesn't make any difference here, tractor is visible in both cases except, of course, when the override is used, the tractor has the livery of the operator set in the override page, as it should.

tractors back but it is the wrong provider at the gate (British Airways livery at gate 8 in EGPH).

What do you mean with "wrong" provider ? British Airways is one of several operators assigned to that airport, together with IAG, BMI, EZY, Servisair and Menzies at equal priority and, if the scenery you use had BA parking codes, and no code of the others, BA is the correct operator in this case.

If you mean "wrong compared to real life", you can always customize the parking to assign a different one.

jtbetteridge

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2020, 09:49:13 am »
OK thanks I understand that.
If I put, say, Menzies in all gates will that over ride all others?
And does it affect the airline AFCAD allocations for the gates?
And is there a shortcut way to do that?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2020, 03:23:05 pm »
If I put, say, Menzies in all gates will that over ride all others?

That's what that option does.

And does it affect the airline AFCAD allocations for the gates?

Of course, nothing in GSX will ever alter the scenery AFCAD. AI will continue to use the codes they find in the AFCAD, since they won't know anything about the GSX customization, which is valid for only your airplane and only when you use GSX.

And is there a shortcut way to do that?

Select multiple gates at once, so you can set the code for many gates at once.

jtbetteridge

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2020, 03:48:00 pm »
OK thanks.  I'll set to work!