Author Topic: Reinstall of GSX in P3dv5 - Error blocking activation of GSX  (Read 2300 times)

bobpr

Hi,

I have the error 'The Couatl scripting engine hasn't started. Check Antivirus.............."

I have added V5 Addons to my whitelist and attempted uninstalls - reinstalls with Webroot turned off. As far as I can tell Couatl is not installed on my computer. What is the location of the scripting engine?

The addon Manager is in the P3dv5 Add-ons folder. As always I appreciate your help and thank you.

Bob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Reinstall of GSX in P3dv5 - Error blocking activation of GSX
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 12:33:23 am »
I have added V5 Addons to my whitelist

I'm, not sure what do you mean with this "V5 Addons" location. You must add to the antivirus exclusion the folder you installed the Addon Manager into, which by default is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager" and, of course, will be different if you changed it to a different location, so you'll have to exclude *that* from scanning.

bobpr

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 01:15:56 am »
Thank you for the quick reply.

BTW I'm running Windows 10 Pro2004.

The Addon folder is whitelisted in Webroot but still the same message after another install.  I'm out of ideas for now as I'm unable to register GSX or any of the FSDT airports I own. I'll try again tomorrow.

BTW I'm running Windows 10 Pro2004. Also a clean install of P3dV5 downloaded yesterday from LM. Thank you.

Bob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 03:34:28 pm »
BTW I'm running Windows 10 Pro2004.

That's what everybody at FSDT uses too and of course there are no problems with it.

The Addon folder is whitelisted in Webroot but still the same message after another install

I have no idea what Webroot is. An antivirus ?