Author Topic: Missing Vehicles  (Read 6749 times)

jtbetteridge

Missing Vehicles
« on: June 22, 2020, 05:59:49 pm »
Since the update a couple of weeks ago the tractors for towing the baggage carts are missing.  The carts appear on their own with no tow tractor.  Tankers, buses, push back and stairs all OK.
Using FSX Steam on W10.  Seems to happen at all addon airports including Aerosoft, UK2000 etc.
I've done all the obvious reboots, also uninstalled and re-installed the full program from scratch with anti-virus disabled etc so not sure what to check next.

Er!k

Re: Missing Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 08:50:18 am »
I am seeing the same on P3Dv4.5 HF3, Win10x64. Just doing a flight from ENVA, the pushback truck appears when the aircraft starts moving. Before that it is not visible???

fima66

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 09:58:27 am »
The same problem is in FSX Acceleration. W10 There aren't the tractors for towing the baggage carts at any airports after last upgrade. The rest of vehicles are ok. Would you please to solve this problem.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 10:18:09 am by fima66 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 12:55:36 pm »
I am seeing the same on P3Dv4.5 HF3, Win10x64. Just doing a flight from ENVA, the pushback truck appears when the aircraft starts moving. Before that it is not visible???

You don't have the same problem. The OP reported missing tow tractor, you are reporting pushback supposedly missing until it moves. The OP problem is probably unique to FSX, yours could simply be you haven't noticed the pushback because its starting position was behind or inside an object. That's why you can customize starting positions at all gates, to better match the scenery.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 12:57:24 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 04:31:44 pm »
I tried this right now, but I cannot replicate the problem, I can see tow trucks for the baggage carts, both for the belt loader and the cargo loader. This with FSX:SE, freshly installed.

fima66

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2020, 08:43:58 pm »
Maybe following picture can help you to understand the reason of troubles? FSX Accelaration w10. Everything was happened after last upgrade.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 09:16:28 pm by fima66 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2020, 11:09:13 am »
Maybe following picture can help you to understand the reason of troubles? FSX Accelaration w10. Everything was happened after last upgrade.

Of course I understood your problem, it's just that I cannot reproduce it. It's not clear from your screenshot which operator came, perhaps it's a problem with a specific operator.

fima66

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2020, 11:23:04 am »
Operator is Aeroflot, but the reason isn't with operator unfortunately. It is a total problem in any airports with any operators. I've tried many times with different operators. The result was same.  In this case could you advise in what way I can go to previous version. Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 11:31:46 am by fima66 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2020, 11:30:16 am »
The reason isn't with operator unfortunately. It is a total problem in any airports with any operators. In this case could you advise in what way I can go to previous version. Thank you in advance.

Since the problem it's not caused by the last version ( we haven't change anything in those vehicles recently ), it's both uselss and not even possible to go back to it. The vehicle you are missing is called FSDT_BaggageTractor in the Addon Manager\Simobjects\Legacy folder, and it's last modification dates are December 2019 for the SIM.CFG and September 2018 for the .MDL file so, clearly, it cannot be something related to the last update.

Could be you had custom objects from the old PaintKit installed ? The vehicles named _USER.

fima66

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2020, 11:40:10 am »
Thank you for a prompt reply. I'll check everything casued by vehicles named_user and old paint kit and give you information.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 11:54:01 am by fima66 »

fima66

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2020, 08:37:08 pm »
I have checked folder caused by vehicles named_user and old paint kit. I have not any folders named_user and old paint kit. I never used custom objects there. I have default folders caused by vehicles only. However I have custom objects caused by FSDT_SODE_jetway_logo but they are working perfect. I don't know what I have to do.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 09:09:54 am by fima66 »

jtbetteridge

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2020, 05:54:34 pm »
I understand what you're saying, but this is at every airport I've used in the last month or so, and they are by various addon makers.  None of them have been modified recently and no other changes have been made except to FSDT.
I hear what you're saying about when the file was last modified, but can you think af anything specific I can check to chase the problem down please?

jtbetteridge

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2020, 05:57:32 pm »
I've just checked and the folder you mention above for the baggage tractor is there in the Simobjects Legacy folder

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2020, 06:01:00 pm »
The thing is, it's an object was completely missing, you should have seen and error. See if it's something related to video setting so, you might try all all these:

- Reset your video driver to default

- If that doesn't work, try to delete your FSX.CFG, so a new one will be created with all default settings. Apply only the HIGHMEMFIX = 1 tweak and nothing else, if you use FSX.

- If that doesn't work, be sure you are not running the sim or any of the addons that starts with it in Compatibility mode.

After resetting the FSX.CFG, you must reinstall GSX, otherwise it won't find its own Simobjects, because the FSX.CFG must be edited by the GSX installer.

jtbetteridge

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2020, 08:02:48 pm »
OK.

However, I've been using GSX for years and then this suddenly happens and I've changed nothing at all in FSX except update the Addon Manager - it seems strange then to find a fault elsewhere.