Author Topic: No Jetways at KTPA  (Read 2836 times)

Juergen2

No Jetways at KTPA
« on: June 15, 2020, 08:21:22 pm »
Hi,
I did install a GSX profile from Inibuild.com for the flyTampa Tampa airport.
At that point I had no more jetways at terminal F and most likely any other terminal at KTPA. After several e-mails with inibuild it was determined that:
"The issue here is that GSX is not correctly reading the exclude files for the jetways, so it thinks that the default Control+J jetways are still present (indicated by the /J in the GSX menu), and does not load the SODE jetways.
Unfortunately, as our team was unable to replicate this issue, it would fall out of our support scope, however below are ways to contact FSDreamteam".
I have attach screenshots to aid in the troubleshooting.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/141330124@N05/shares/6497Q7
Thanks for help with troubleshooting this problem
Juergen Mader

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Jetways at KTPA
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 10:36:09 pm »
"The issue here is that GSX is not correctly reading the exclude files for the jetways, so it thinks that the default Control+J jetways are still present (indicated by the /J in the GSX menu), and does not load the SODE jetways.

GSX is not supposed to read any Exclude file. The Exclude file is only read by the simulator itself and, since there aren't any jetways, it seems the Exclude file IS working. Fact that GSX is indicating a /J doesn't have anything to do with this or it's a problem, that's what GSX will always say when you first start working on an airport: a .BGL jetway is there, because IT IS there ( in the AFCAD ), you don't see it ( as expected ) because it has been excluded.

I can see in your screenshot, the "Jetway Exclude radius" is NOT flagged, which is strange.

I downloaded the GSX .INI from iniBuild site, installed according to the instructions, and GSX L2 jetways are showing just fine. The "Jetway Exclude" checkmark is checked, as it should.

Juergen2

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 10:44:08 pm »
Umberto,
Good news that it works for you.
I guess I screwed something up when I installed the inibuild GSX profile files.
I will re-install KTPA and re-install the inibuild files.
Will let you know what happened.
Thanks
Juergen Mader

Juergen2

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 12:11:08 am »
Umberto,
I am unsure of one thing and would like to know how you did it since your install works:
The readme file from inibuild states: "Place the Exclude Folder" in D:\Addon Manager\Fsdream Team"!
However, my Addon Manager resides in C:, but ALREADY has a EXCLUDE folder. Does the inibuild EXCLUDE folder replace the existing EXCLUDE folder, or are only the files added to the existing exclude folder?
The existing EXCLUDE folder has a scenery subfolder (empty) and 4 files (BglComp.exe; bglcomp.xsd; jeway.HDR and jetway_FAKE.MDL)
I know it's not a FSDT issue, but I think thats the problem I have.
I re-installed KTPA and all bgl jetways show up
Thanks again for help
Juergen Mader

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 10:35:47 pm »
The readme file from inibuild states: "Place the Exclude Folder" in D:\Addon Manager\Fsdream Team"!
However, my Addon Manager resides in C:

Of course it's a mistake on the readme. They should have said "Place the exclude folder in your Addon Manager root folder, whenever is located"

but ALREADY has a EXCLUDE folder. Does the inibuild EXCLUDE folder replace the existing EXCLUDE folder, or are only the files added to the existing exclude folder?

That's normal. Windows will always merge two folders with the same name so, it's not an issue.

The existing EXCLUDE folder has a scenery subfolder (empty) and 4 files (BglComp.exe; bglcomp.xsd; jeway.HDR and jetway_FAKE.MDL)

The Exclude folder should contain Exclude .XML files, which are compiled with the GSX Control Panel, to create an Exclude .BGL, that will be automatically created into Exclude\Scenery. But again, it's not a problem, since the Exclude in the Inibuild .ZIP already contains an XML and the matching .BGL in the Scenery subfolder. If you copy the whole Exclude folder as it is, on the Addon Manager\Fsdreateam\Exclude folder, Windows will MERGE the two, and everything will work.

The only thing not entirely right was the reference to D:\Addon manager in the readme but, I'd guess that should be obvious to figure it out.

Juergen2

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2020, 11:57:16 am »
Umberto,
I have now tried several ways to get the inibuild to work with no success.
So at this point I just live with the jetbridges from flyTampa.
However, thanks for your help and patience
Juergen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 02:50:44 pm »
I have now tried several ways to get the inibuild to work with no success.

I can only say it worked here at the first try. Don't know what you did differently. Could be FlyTampa changed the AFCAD parking position in a later version, so it's not compatible anymore with the .INI from iniBuilds ?

Are you able to place GSX jetways with the GSX editor, starting from scratch and not using that file ?

Juergen2

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 09:10:51 pm »
Umberto,
Thanks for trying to help, but at this point I will just live with the flyTampa jetways.
Thanks
Juergen